Why Your Congregation’s Giving to our UUA Matters
Annual Program Fund (APF) contributions are our UUA’s primary source of funding to support our congregations, amplify our moral voice in the world, and protect our history and our future as a religious movement. As congregations, we are independently governed, yet we are connected to one another through the Association of Congregations. As President Susan Frederick-Gray has said, we are already held within the covenant between and among us, in which we offer to one another our trust and mutual support.
Financial support for the Annual Program Fund (and previously for our Districts and or Regions) is a tangible expression of our covenant as member congregations. Thank you for supporting Unitarian Universalists in every corner of our Association through your contributions to the Annual Program Fund.
The New APF Formula and Making a FY19 Pledge
After years of study and fine-tuning, a New APF formula will be implemented in FY19. The New APF formula moves us away from a per-member calculation, to a percentage of certified operating expenditures, then takes several data points about your congregation into account. Pledge forms were mailed to every congregation in March 2018, requested to be returned by June 30, 2018.
- NO CONGREGATION will have an ask that is more than 10% higher (than what was previously asked for both APF and District or Region)
- NO CONGREGATION will have an ask that is 10% Lower (than what was previously asked for both APF and District or Region)
Please note, your New APF contribution covers the congregation’s support for both the UUA and the Region. A comprehensive packet (download (PDF)) of information was mailed to all churches in February 2018.
Contact Norrie Gall, ngall [at] uua [dot] org, (617) 948-6512, UUA Congregational Giving Manager or Joe Sullivan, jsullivan [at] uua [dot] org, (617) 948-4383, New England Region UUA Congregational Consultant with any questions you may have about this year’s pledging process.
Completing Your FY18 Pledge
To complete your pledge commitment for fiscal year 2018 congregations are asked to:
- Make a single pledge toward the combined requested amounts for the Region and for the UUA
- Make FY2018 contributions by making checks payable to UUA-NER and include your four digit congregation identification number on the check. If you are unsure of the ID number, you can find it by searching for your congregation, where you will find both your ID and your congregation's honor status for the past year. Please mail contributions to:
PO Box 843153
Boston, MA 02284-3153
- Please do not send payments directly to the district or region.
Requested giving amounts are:
- UUA APF asks congregations to give at $60 per certified member.
- Congregations are asked to support the New England Region at a rate of $19 per member for Ballou Channing, Massachusetts Bay, and Northern New England districts, and $22 per member for Clara Barton district.
Thank you for your faithful support, on behalf of all Unitarian Universalists.