We believe healthy lifespan faith development programs are essential to creating and sustaining vital congregations. We also believe that shifts in culture and demographicssignals a call for transforming faith formation ministries into models which are more inclusive of the whole congregation. A new vision for the future of faith formation requires the collaborative efforts of religious professionals, lay leaders, families, and congregations. The New England region offers support and resources for your congregation's exploration of a new vision. Contact Karen Bellavance-Grace, firstname.lastname@example.org, (617) 948-4258 to start a conversation.
Vision Paper: Death of Sunday School and the Future of Faith Formation (PDF)
Webinar: RE Start! for Religious Education Teams (video, 2 hrs)
Programming and Referral Services
- Organizational assessment, vision and goal-setting, developing healthy systems for RE Committees and other groups
- Consultations on religious education curricula and programming.
- Coaching and support for implementation of new models of Faith Formation
- Whole congregation worship planning
- Conflict management assessments and interventions
- Developing Safe Congregations
- Referrals to extensive resources from the Unitarian Universalist Association.
Training, Workshops, and Retreats for Religious Education Volunteers and Leaders
- We offer six Our Whole Lives teacher trainings in the New England Region throughout the year.
- Renaissance Modules (credentialing courses for professional religious educators) are offered two or three times per year.
- Many of our leadership development workshops and trainings on congregational vitality and growth are also applicable to religious education programs.
- Join our Facebook group for New England Region Religious Educators and subscribe to our email list for weekly event announcements, newsletters and resources.