Northern New England District
The Northern New England District (NNED) of the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations was created by the consolidation of the Northeast District (Maine) and the New Hampshire Vermont District of Unitarian Universalist Societies in July 2008. We have seventy active congregations within the boundaries of the states of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont including federated and community churches being served by our district.
As regional collaboration continues among the four New England UUA Districts, the NNED Board has worked to define its role in support of NNED congregations. Please read this notice outlining the board's focus on serving individual member congregations (PDF).
Join us on Facebook!
NNED BOARD UPDATES (Newsletters)
November 2019 District Dissolution Zoom Discussion Invitation
November 2019 Information Concerning the NNED Board Proposal to Dissolve the District
July 2019 (no updates)
April 2019 Congregational Survey Report
Covenant of the NNED Board
Chalice Lighter Program
This program of the Northern New England District ended on June 30, 2019.
NNED Proposal-Financial Support of BLUU
BLUU Congregational Next Steps and Learning, Fall 2017 (PDF)
BLUU Letter to Northern New England District Congregations, Fall 2017 (PDF)
Board of Directors
Covenant of the NNED Board 2018-19
To contact our NNED Board, please email NNEDBoard [at] googlegroups [dot] com.
- President (2018-2020) Mary Heafy, Keene, NH
- Vice President (2019 – 2020), Rev. Olivia Holmes. Peterborough, NH
- Financial Officer (2018-2020) Austin Farrar, Portland (First), ME
- Secretary (2016- 2019), Rev. Allison Palm, Nashua, NH
- Member-at-Large (2020 – 2021), Jamie Gibson, Brattleboro, VT
- Member-at-Large (2020 - 2021), Rev. Paul S. Sawyer, Hartland, VT
- (2019-2020) Rev. Margaret Beckman, Co-Chair, Castine, ME; mabme [at] aol [dot] com
- (2019-2020) Mark Beal, Peterborough, NH
- (2019-2020) Rev. Abigail Stockman, Barre, VT
- (2020-2021) Lane Fisher, Belfast ME
- (2020-2021) Rev. Emily Burr, Canterbury NH
Trustees of Trust Funds
- (2018-2020) Austin Farrar, Financial Officer, Portland (First), ME
- (2018-2020), Nancy Chaddock, Plymouth, NH
- (2018-2020), Joan Connacher, Nashua, NH
Nancy Chaddock, chaddocknancy [at] gmail [dot] com; or (603) 832-9123
PO Box 333
New Ipswich NH 03071
Email nnedadmin [at] comcast [dot] net