Northern New England District
The Northern New England District (NNED) of the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations was created by the consolidation of the Northeast District (Maine) and the New Hampshire Vermont District of Unitarian Universalist Societies in July 2008. We have seventy active congregations within the boundaries of the states of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont including federated and community churches being served by our district.
As regional collaboration continues among the four New England UUA Districts, the NNED Board has worked to define its role in support of NNED congregations. Please read this notice outlining the board's focus on serving individual member congregations (PDF).
Join us on Facebook!
REGISTER NOW for the Northern New England District's Spring Assembly and Annual Meeting April 5-6, 2019 in Concord, NH.
NNED Board Updates
Chalice Lighter Program
Become a Chalice Lighter The Northern New England District Chalice Lighter grant program is committed to maintaining and expanding the capacity of UU congregations in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont to meet the needs of members, potential members and the communities they serve.
A high priority is placed on congregations that are either expanding programs or ministries, or making critical renovations to make their spaces more accessible and sustainable.
Almost all grant funds come from individual UUs throughout the region who commit to contributing when a “call” is sent during the year. Calls for support identify the specific projects to be funded.
In recent years Chalice Lighter donors have helped to fund expanded professional help, new programs for growth, and building improvements for access and for program expansion.
Download a brochure and donor form (PDF)
Chalice Lighter Committee
- Chuck Putney, Chair, crputney [at] comcast [dot] net
- Niki Norman, nikilnorman [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Rev. Linda Barnes, minister [at] starrkingfellowship [dot] org
NNED Proposal-Financial Support of BLUU
BLUU Congregational Next Steps and Learning, Fall 2017 (PDF)
BLUU Letter to Northern New England District Congregations, Fall 2017 (PDF)
Board of Directors
Covenant of the NNED Board 2018-19
To contact our NNED Board, please email NNEDBoard [at] googlegroups [dot] com.
- President (2018-2020) Mary Heafy, Keene, NH
- Vice President (2019 – 2020), Rev. Olivia Holmes. Peterborough, NH
- Financial Officer (2018-2020) Austin Farrar, Portland (First), ME
- Secretary (2016- 2019), Rev. Allison Palm, Nashua, NH
- Member-at-Large (2016 – 2019), Anne Kinney, Auburn, ME
- Member-at-Large (2018 - 2020), Carol Larson, Allen Ave Portland, ME
- Member-at-Large (2019-2021), Rev. Kendra Ford, Exeter, NH
- (2019-2020) Rev. Margaret Beckman, Co-Chair, Castine, ME; mabme [at] aol [dot] com
- (2018-2019) Kathy Kellison, Co-Chair, Augusta, ME; kell6787 [at] gmail [dot] com
- (2019-2020) Mark Beal, Peterborough, NH
- (2019-2020) Rev. Abigail Stockman, Barre, VT
- (2018-2019) Marty Shaw, W. Brattleboro, VT
- (2018-2019) Rev. Kali Fyre, Manchester, NH
Trustees of Trust Funds
- (2018-2020) Austin Farrar, Financial Officer, Portland (First), ME
- (2018-2020), Nancy Chaddock, Plymouth, NH
- (2018-2020), Joan Connacher, Nashua, NH
- (2019-2021), David Wilcock, Portland, ME
Nancy Chaddock, chaddocknancy [at] gmail [dot] com; or (603) 832-9123
PO Box 333
New Ipswich NH 03071
Email nnedadmin [at] comcast [dot] net