Northern New England District
The Northern New England District (NNED) of the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations was created by the consolidation of the Northeast District (Maine) and the New Hampshire Vermont District of Unitarian Universalist Societies in July 2008. We have seventy congregations within the boundaries of the states of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont including federated and community churches being served by our district.
As regional collaboration continues among the four New England UUA Districts, the NNED Board has worked to define its role in support of NNED congregations. Please read this notice outlining the board's focus on serving individual member congregations (PDF).
Join us on Facebook!
SAVE THE DATE - September 22
A Day of Remembrance and Reconciliation Honoring the Campbells
All are invited to a Day of Remembrance and Reconciliation honoring Lillian Campbell, Rev. Jeffrey Campbell and Marguerite Campbell Davis on Saturday, September 22, 2018.
NNED Proposal-Financial Support of BLUU
BLUU Congregational Next Steps and Learning, Fall 2017 (PDF)
BLUU Letter to Northern New England District Congregations, Fall 2017 (PDF)
Board of Directors
To contact our NNED Board, please email NNEDBoard [at] googlegroups [dot] com.
- President (2018-2020) Mary Heafy, Keene, NH
- Vice President (2018 – 2020), Rev. Olav Nieuwejaar, Milford, NH
- Financial Officer (2018-2020) Austin Farrar, Portland (First), ME
- Secretary (2016- 2019), Rev. Allison Palm, Nashua, NH
- Member-at-Large (2016 – 2019), Anne Kinney, Auburn, ME
- Member-at-Large (2018 - 2020), Carol Larson, Allen Ave Portland, ME
- Member-at-Large (2019-2021), Rev. Kendra Ford, Exeter, NH
- Member-at-Large (2018-2019), Rev. Olivia Holmes. Peterborough, NH
- (2019-2020) Rev. Margaret Beckman, Castine, ME
- (2019-2020) Mark Beal, Peterborough, NH
- (2019-2020) Rev. Abigail Stockman, Barre, VT
- (2018-2019) Kathy Kellison, Augusta, ME
- (2018-2019) Marty Shaw, W. Brattleboro, VT
- (2018-2019) Rev. Kali Frye, Manchester, NH
Trustees of Trust Funds
- (2018-2020) Austin Farrar, Financial Officer, Portland (First), ME
- (2018-2020), Nancy Chaddock, Plymouth, NH
- (2018-2020), Joan Connacher, Nashua, NH
Nancy Chaddock, nansam [at] together [dot] net or (603) 832-9123
Bylaws & Annual Meeting Documents
All documents are PDF files unless otherwise stated.
Chalice Lighter Program
Become a Chalice Lighter The Northern New England District Chalice Lighter grant program is committed to maintaining and expanding the capacity of UU congregations in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont to meet the needs of members, potential members and the communities they serve.
A high priority is placed on congregations that are either expanding programs or ministries, or making critical renovations to make their spaces more accessible and sustainable.
Almost all grant funds come from individual UUs throughout the region who commit to contributing when a “call” is sent during the year. Calls for support identify the specific projects to be funded.
In recent years Chalice Lighter donors have helped to fund expanded professional help, new programs for growth, and building improvements for access and for program expansion.
Download a brochure and donor form (PDF)
Chalice Lighter Committee
- Chuck Putney, crputney [at] comcast [dot] net
- Niki Norman, nikilnorman [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Rev. Linda Barnes, minister [at] starrkingfellowship [dot] org
PO Box 333
New Ipswich NH 03071
Email nnedadmin [at] comcast [dot] net