Northern New England District
The Northern New England District (NNED) of the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations was created by the consolidation of the Northeast District (Maine) and the New Hampshire Vermont District of Unitarian Universalist Societies in July 2008. We have seventy congregations within the boundaries of the states of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont including federated and community churches being served by our district.
As regional collaboration continues among the four New England UUA Districts, the NNED Board has worked to define its role in support of NNED congregations. Please read this notice outlining the board's focus on serving individual member congregations (PDF).
Join us on Facebook!
NNED-UUA Spring Assembly & Annual Meeting: Dismantling White Supremacy and Building Liberation as Unitarian Universalists
Friday, April 13, 2018 - 7:30 pm to Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 4:00 pm
Join fellow UUs from around the Northern New England District for inspiring worship, a thought-provoking program led by Lena Gardner and Liz Loeb, time to connect with one another, and our annual business meeting! People of all ages are invited to attend. Youth (ages 14-18) are welcome to be a part of our regular programming. Children (ages 2-13) will have their own fun programming for the day, led by Religious Educator Sandra Greenfield.
Scholarship Form (PDF)
NNED Proposal-Financial Support of BLUU
BLUU Congregational Next Steps and Learning, Fall 2017 (PDF)
BLUU Letter to Northern New England District Congregations, Fall 2017 (PDF)
Board of Directors
To contact our NNED Board, please email NNEDBoard [at] googlegroups [dot] com.
- President (2018-2020) Mary Heafy, Keene, NH
- Vice President (2018 – 2020), Rev. Olav Nieuwejaar, Milford, NH
- Financial Officer (2018-2020) Austin Farrar, Portland (First), ME
- Secretary (2016- 2019), Rev. Allison Palm, Nashua, NH
- Member-at-Large (2016 – 2019), Anne Kinney, Auburn, ME
- Member-at-Large (2015 - 2018), Paul Tierney, Plymouth, NH
- Member-at-Large (2016-2018), Rev. Kendra Ford, Exeter, NH
- (2018-2019), Donna Dolham, Auburn, ME (Chair)
- (2016-2018), Rev. Olivia Holmes, Peterborough, NH
- (2016-2018), Susan M. Buckholz, Hartland, VT
- (2018-2019), Kathy Kellison, Augusta, ME
- (2018-2019), Marty Shaw, W. Brattleboro, VT
Trustees of Trust Funds
- (2018-2020) Austin Farrar, Financial Officer, Portland (First), ME
- (2018-2020), Nancy Chaddock, Plymouth, NH
- (2018-2020), Joan Connacher, Nashua, NH
Nancy Chaddock, nansam [at] together [dot] net or (603) 832-9123
Chalice Lighter Program
Become a Chalice Lighter The Northern New England District Chalice Lighter grant program is committed to maintaining and expanding the capacity of UU congregations in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont to meet the needs of members, potential members and the communities they serve.
A high priority is placed on congregations that are either expanding programs or ministries, or making critical renovations to make their spaces more accessible and sustainable.
Almost all grant funds come from individual UUs throughout the region who commit to contributing when a “call” is sent during the year. Calls for support identify the specific projects to be funded.
In recent years Chalice Lighter donors have helped to fund expanded professional help, new programs for growth, and building improvements for access and for program expansion.
Download a brochure and donor form (PDF)
Chalice Lighter Committee
- Chuck Putney, crputney [at] comcast [dot] net
- Niki Norman, nikilnorman [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Rev. Olivia Holmes, uurevoh [at] gmail [dot] com
PO Box 333
New Ipswich NH 03071
Email nnedadmin [at] comcast [dot] net