As a participant in Regional Assembly, I agree to the following:
Respectful Behavior – I will engage with others in a way that honors the personhood and experience of all. I will both listen and contribute to conversations. I will make space for others to participate and avoid disruption or distraction by honoring the agenda and discussion topics. I will not promote events, ideas, or speakers that disparage the speakers or assembly content.
Self-Care and Community Care – I will take care of myself and my needs. I will engage with our Unitarian Universalist communities in an empathetic, understanding, and thoughtful manner.
Active and Anti-Oppressive Engagement – I will make a conscious effort to engage with and understand what others are sharing. I will be attentive to how my interactions may impact others. Words and actions can be triggering of traumatic or hurtful experiences. I will be mindful of this and participate in ways that are respectful and considerate. I will cultivate grace and practice patience. I will side with love by showing up for others in this time.
Respect for Experiences – We hold multiple truths gleaned from our lived experiences. None of our experiences, especially those of us who have been historically marginalized, are up for debate. I will be mindful of this during my interactions.
Copyright and Security Boundaries – I will not share, record, or distribute content available in the participation portal (i.e. worship, keynote, videos, etc). I will not share log in information with those not officially registered for the assembly.
Our Unitarian Universalist values call upon us to avoid the following harmful forms of expression:
- Offensive language related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, pregnancy status, veteran status, political affiliation, marital status, body size, age, race, national origin, ethnic origin, immigration status, language, religion, or other identity marker.
- Threats of violence or aggressive behavior of any kind toward any individual or group.
- Online Trolling; deliberate provocative, offensive and/or disrespectful posts (commentary, images, GIFs) intended to derail conversation
- Stalking or following - online (or in the physical world.)
- Sexual harassment in any form, including sexual images, GIFs, sexual language, virtual contact without consent, and inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others.
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
- Revealing any aspect of the identity of a person who experiences marginalization without their consent.
- Humor that evokes any of the above.
Violations of this Agreement and Practices will prompt any/all of the following action steps:
- The participant will be contacted privately with a warning about their offense and given the opportunity to improve their communication for the benefit of all.
- Content (i.e. chat dialogue, app or social media post) may be turned off or removed.
- The participant will be removed from the space.