TO: Presidents, Ministers, Religious Educators, Musicians, and Administrators of Member Congregations
FROM: Tammy Lemmer, MidAmerica Region Board Secretary
DATE: February 5, 2019
RE: CALL TO THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE MIDAMERICA REGION
This is the Official Call for the 2019 MidAmerica Region Annual Business Meeting:
Saturday, April 6, 2019
Marriott St. Louis Airport Hotel – Grand Ballroom
10700 Pear Tree Lane, St. Louis, MO 63134
Business Meeting begins at 10:45 AM Central time
This Call to Meeting notification also includes (scroll down for PDFs):
- Agenda page for the Annual Business Meeting Agenda
- Proposed Rules of Procedure page
- Proposed Bylaw Changes page
- Congregational Listing of Delegate Numbers page
The Bylaws of the MidAmerica Region of the UUA state that congregations and individual members of the Church of the Larger Fellowship may have the same numbers and kinds of delegates at the Region’s Annual Meeting as are permitted at the UUA General Assembly. This includes member delegates in the numbers set out in the UUA Bylaws. In addition, ministers in fellowship serving congregations, credentialed religious educators, credentialed musicians, and those serving as directors of religious education are also eligible to be delegates. Delegate cards in the appropriate numbers will be mailed to congregations in early March, 2019. Delegates must bring their delegate credentials to the Annual Meeting and register for their voting credentials.
Voting materials will be made available on the MidAmerica Region website and will be emailed to presidents, ministers, religious educators, musicians, administrators, and those registered for Regional Assembly by no later than March 7, 2019.
Questions? Contact the Regional Office at 312-636-9724, or email email@example.com .
Annual Meeting FAQs
When should we receive our Delegate Credential Cards? The Delegate Credential Cards should reach your congregation office shortly after March 7, 2019.
When will delegates receive voting materials? Voting materials will be emailed to all those registered for the Regional Assembly by March 7, 2019. Materials will also be available on the Region website. Because of our commitment to the environment, we will not be making copies available at the meeting.
How many delegates is each congregation entitled to send to the Annual Meeting? This Congregational Listing of Delegate Numbers page contains a list of congregations, sorted alphabetically by state then city, that shows the number of delegates each congregation may send to the Annual Meeting.
Should you believe that the number of delegates is in error, please contact Lisa Presley, Congregational Life Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 248-514-5458.
How is the number of delegates determined? The number of delegates is determined by the MidAmerica Bylaws. For congregational delegates, the numbers are the same that the congregation would be entitled to for General Assembly. Ministers in fellowship serving congregations, affiliated ministers, ministers emeritus/emerita, credentialed religious educators, credentialed musicians, and directors of religious education are afforded delegate status by virtue of their position.
How are membership numbers determined for each congregation? The congregational membership is reported/certified with the UUA in February each year. The number of certified members as reported by February 1, 2019, is used to determine number of delegates for each congregation for this year’s Regional Assembly.
Business Meeting Documents
- MidAmerica RA2019 Report: 2018 06 30 balance sheet (PDF)
- MidAmerica RA2019 Report: 2018 06 30 profit and loss (PDF)
- MidAmerica RA2019 Report: 2018 12 31 balance sheet (PDF)
- MidAmerica RA2019 Report: 2018 12 31 p_l - q2 (PDF)
- MidAmerica RA2019 Report: 2018 12 31 Transitions Budget (PDF)
- MidAmerica 2018-06-20 Annual Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- MidAmerica RA2019 Report: 2020 budget (PDF)
- MidAmerica RA2019 Call-to-Meeting (PDF)
- MidAmerica RA2019 Delegate Allocation (PDF)
- MidAmerica RA2019 Agenda (PDF)
- MidAmerica RA2019 Report: Slate of Nominees (PDF)
- MidAmerica RA2019 Proposed Bylaw Changes (PDF)
- MidAmerica RA2019 Report: MUUC and MUUF (PDF)
- MidAmerica RA2019 Report: Board President (PDF)
- MidAmerica RA2019 Report: Regional Lead (PDF)
- MidAmerica RA2019 Rules of Procedure (PDF)
- RA2019 Annual Meeting DELEGATE PACKET (PDF)