Regional Assembly 2020
Update on Regional Assembly
In solidarity and care for one another, the MidAmerica Region of the UUA is transitioning our Regional Assembly, scheduled for April 18, 2020 in Rockford, Illinois, to a virtual event.
Instead of meeting in person, we will gather virtually on Zoom for a report from the Commission on Institutional Change (COIC), annual Business Meeting, Keynote presentation by Taquiena Boston, and previously advertised workshops. Many thanks to the COIC, MidAmerica Board, Taquiena Boston, and our workshop presenters for agreeing to participate virtually!
In order to attend this virtual event, you will need to download the FREE Zoom application. Here's a video on how to install the Zoom app.
The schedule for the virtual event will be similar to what was originally advertised. The new schedule, Zoom codes to use for the event, and information about the Business Meeting will be sent to registrants in the near future. In the meantime, here is information about reduced rates, refunds, and our re-opened registration:
- The fee for virtual online attendance is $50.
- For those who already paid and want to attend the event through Zoom, you will remain registered and we will refund all but $50 — expect to see that refund within 10 days. There is nothing you need to do.
- Children will receive full refunds. Expect to see your refund within 10 days. There is nothing you need to do.
- Scholarship recipients will attend for free. Expect to see your refunds within 10 days. There is nothing you need to do.
- If you don't wish to or can't attend online, you may cancel your registration and request a full refund by emailing azallar [at] uua [dot] org by April 5, 2020.
We hope even more people register as the virtual event will be accessible and affordable to more people. Moving to a virtual gathering helps us live our values as we respect our interdependence and individuality, care for those who are vulnerable, as well as preserve our democracy.
In these times of change and uncertainty, we need one another more than ever. Thank you to everyone who suggested changes in our Regional Assembly, and to the many people adapting to make all these changes happen. We look forward to trying something new together.
Though we closed Regional Assembly registration earlier this week while we made changes to adapt it to a virtual event, registration for a virtual RA is now open for anyone who has not yet registered and would like to do so.
If you have questions please email midamerica [at] uua [dot] org or call (312) 636-9724. And if you reserved a hotel room, make sure to cancel the reservation.
Staff of the MidAmerica Region