The Guild of Interim Religious Educators now offers a training program focusing on congregational transitions for professional staff serving in religious leadership roles. This program provides you with the tools you and your team need while serving a congregation experiencing a transition. And when you want to imbue your work in the congregation with fresh perspectives, this program will provide you with the skills you need to re-imagine a bright future in your church!
This program is the first of TWO seminars, providing leaders with the skills and perspectives they need on a variety of topics. They include:
- Leadership, systems and change models
- Vantage points for change: adaptive leadership skills and navigating transitions
- The work of the congregation through a time of change: developmental tasks, using innovation and appreciative inquiry to promote change, developing visionary leadership in the congregation
- Working as a staff team: collaboration, building synergies, respecting reporting structures
- Understanding the ways in which grief and trauma can impact congregations
- Leaving well and "with joy;" paving the way for new leadership
Facilitators: The program is co-facilitated by Michele Grove, D.Min, Lily Rappaport, and Deborah Weiner. All three are experienced transitional religious educators who have facilitated the former UUA Professional Interim Training course and have led Guild of Interim Religious Educator Adaptive Leadership programs.
This program will equip participants with the knowledge and foundations to work as an interim religious leader and to support congregations in a time of transition.
Dates and Cost: Thursdays: July 29, August 5, 12, 19 - 1:00 PM EDT (each class runs for 2 hours). Deadline for registration: July 15. Registration fee: $200; GIRE members* receive a 20% discount ($160).
*annual GIRE membership is $25/year