Once again, the MidAmerica Annual Business Meeting will be held virtually. But this time, it’s for a bit of time in the middle of General Assembly. On Saturday, June 26th, we will be meeting at 10:00 am Central, 11:00 am Eastern through the wonders of Zoom. You can find all the information on the Annual Business Meeting webpage.
Here’s the information you need to know:
Final agenda and business materials information was sent to congregations on May 18, 2021. This includes links to all the materials for the meeting. You can find all the documents for the meeting on the Annual Business Meeting Documents page.
All delegates to the Annual Business Meeting must be credentialed online by no later than 5:00 pm Central, 6:00 pm Eastern on Friday, June 25th. There will be NO credentialing of delegates allowed after that date and time, as we simply don’t have the staffing to ensure that this is done. Information on how to credential candidates was sent to administrators, presidents, and ministers on May 12. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you did not receive the email; please contact Lisa Presley (email@example.com) if you have questions about your number of delegates or any other questions concerning delegates.
Slate of nominees for the Board, the Nominating Committee, and the MidWest UU Conference was sent to congregations on May 12th. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you did not receive this email—sent to presidents, ministers, administrators.
Meeting log-in Information: log-in information for the Annual Business Meeting will be sent as follows:
- To administrators, presidents, and ministers the week of June 7th. Please feel free to share with your members, as anyone can attend the meeting, but please do NOT publish the information on a public website page. More instructions will come in that email.
- To all credentialed delegates the week of June 21st. We will send it again to all credentialed delegates on Friday, June 25th, after the credentialing deadline is passed.
- The information will also be available in the General Assembly app for any who are also registered for General Assembly.
Polling/voting software: This year, we will be using Poll Everywhere to take the votes on items during our Annual Business Meeting. Here’s some information on this:
- Login information for Poll Everywhere will be sent to credentialed Delegates prior to the meeting. It will require that you either can access a browser window or use a smart phone/tablet to access the voting information.
- If there is more than one credentialed delegate sharing a computer, you will each need access to a computer or smart device to be able to cast your vote.
- We are providing sessions to teach people how to use the Poll Everywhere software prior to the Annual Business Meeting. Here are the dates and times:
Monday, June 14 at 7:00 pm Central, 8:00 pm Eastern
Tuesday, June 15 at 1:00 pm Central, 2:00 pm Eastern
Thursday, June 17 at 7:00 pm Central, 8:00 pm Eastern
Saturday, June 19 at 9:00 am Central, 10:00 am Eastern
- Registration for the training/practice sessions with Poll Everywhere can be found on the registration page.
If you have any questions about the Annual Business Meeting, please be in touch with Lisa Presley, email@example.com. Looking forward to seeing you there!