Behavioral Covenant Workshop in St. Louis
Type of event: Training
Facilitated by Lisa Presley, Congregational Life Consultant, UUA MidAmerica Region
Each of our congregations has its own particular culture, yet in every one of them, we draw lines, somewhere, about what behavior is appropriate, and what is not. It varies, congregation by congregation. What’s acceptable in one place is not in another, and often this isn’t written down, so that no one really knows what the boundaries and limits are. Some people love to push every boundary; others wish that the boundaries were stronger and more fixed. Regardless, an essential in any community, religious or otherwise, is to know what behavior is appropriate, and how the community will deal with behavior that is not.
In this workshop, we will be talking about behavior in congregations, and address questions like these:
- What are the boundaries that we want in our congregation?
- How do we set those boundaries?
- How do we change the culture in our congregations around behavior?
- What’s the difference between disruptive and destructive behavior?
- How do we address stepping outside of the boundaries we’ve set?
- How do we hold the space for deep differences of opinion, and respecting behavioral guidelines?
- Whatever are your questions.
You are encouraged to come as a team from your congregation. You’ll be given time to work among yourselves to look at what your congregation needs; you have a chance to learn from other congregations; you’ll have the possibility to form cross-congregational teams for support in your ongoing work of creating the beloved community.
The workshop will run from 9:00am - 3:00pm at First Unitarian Church of St. Louis, and lunch will be provided.
Cost: $20 a person
Register with First Unitarian Church. https://lyhunt56.wufoo.com/forms/w1c1vxwb048seib/
For more information contact Lynn Hunt, Administration & Programs (First U STL) - 314-361-0595 ext. 23 or lhunt [at] firstuustlouis [dot] org