As we face a time of societal struggle, grief, and uncertainty, two things we’ve found to keep us going on the Love Resists team are being in close community with others (online video gatherings, mutual aid networks) and taking action to tip the scales of recovery towards a people-centered response (The People’s Bailout campaign).
Here are two opportunities this week to be in community and collective action with Love Resists and our partners.
1) Join our Side with Love & Love Resists In These Times Webinar on Thursday, April 2 at 6:30 ET/3:30 PT
- UUA President Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray & UUSC President Rev. Mary Katherine Morn
- Live music by Emma’s Revolution
- Dr. Charlene Sinclair of Black PAC & Intern Minister First UU Richmond
- Luis Suarez, Detention Watch Network’s Field Advocacy Manager
- Plus UUs from across our Black, Brown, LGBTQ and justice networks
This webinar will offer the interconnectedness of spiritual sustenance and movement organizing as a means to live into the values and principles of Unitarian Universalism and work for justice and transformation. RSVP now.
2) Join the #FreeThemAll National Week of Action with Love Resists, Detention Watch Network, and local #CommunitiesNotCages campaigns around the country - starting today!
The #FreeThemAll National Week of Action starts today, Monday, March 30, to send a loud and clear message to decision-makers at all levels of government to release people at risk of contracting COVID-19 from immigration detention. Each day includes specific targets and messages—take just 10 minutes for a lunch or coffee/tea break every day this week and join in! Resources linked here will be updated daily, and follow UUSC and Detention Watch Network on social media.
How to Take Action - Day-by-Day Breakdown
- Week-long Social Action
- Monday 3/30: Demand ICE #FreeThemAll!
- Tuesday 3/31: Let Our People Go/Trans Day of Visibility
- Wednesday 4/1: #DefundHate: Reject COVID-19 ICE and CBP Funding!
- Thursday 4/2: Solidarity with non-immigrant #FreeThemAll campaigns
- Friday 4/3: Care not Cages: Public Health Department Accountability Day
- Saturday 4/4: #FreeThemAll Solidarity Day Webinar
In this together for the long haul,
The Love Resists team
P.S. Don’t forget to check out our "Liberation During Social Isolation" resources from last week too.