Faithful International Engagement Workshop: How Unitarian Universalist Congregations Meet the World
Congregations, groups of congregations and individuals are invited to make use of Faithful International Engagement (FIE) as a tool for studying, planning and developing Sixth Principle ministries of international engagement.
Please contact the International Office if:
- Your congregation would like to schedule a workshop led by the the International Office
- Your congregation would like to consult with the International Office about how best to offer the workshop with its own leadership.
- Your congregation would like to consult with the International Office about using pieces of the workshop in Adult, Youth or Children's Adult Religious Education (RE) classes.
- Or, if you have any questions about the workshop.
The full workshop includes four general sections:
A sketch of the past, present and future of Unitarian, Universalist and Unitarian Universalist (U/U) International engagement explored in three sections.
- An exploration of the theological grounding (PPT, 22 pages) (PDF) of faithful international engagement.
- An overview of effective UU congregational international engagement ministries and available resources.
- Strategic planning for international engagement.
In a half-day or full-day setting, additional community building and worship elements can be added to the workshop. Or FIE can be adapted to a multi-session model of 4-6 meetings. Please contact the IRO to discuss the most effective adaptation of FIE for your congregation.