Tell Congress: Don't Discriminate Against Muslim Refugees
- Read this sign-on letter in support of Syrian refugees, which was sent to all Congressional offices today from the Interfaith Immigration Coalition
Take Action Today
- Send a message to your congressional representative through the UUSC
- Call your Representative and Senators : 1-866-961-4293
- If you live in one of the following states, call your Governor!
- Alabama: (334) 242-7100
- Arizona: (520) 628-6580 / (602) 542-4331
- Arkansas: (501) 682-2345
- Florida: (850) 488-7146
- Georgia: (404) 656-1776
- Idaho: (208) 334-2100
- Illinois: (217) 782-0244 / (312) 814-2121
- Indiana: (317) 569-0709
- Iowa: (515) 281-5211
- Kansas: (785) 296-3232
- Louisiana: (225) 342-7015
- Maine: (207) 287-3531 / 1-855-721-5203
- Massachusetts: (617) 725-4005 / (413) 784-1200 / (202) 624-7713
- Michigan: (517) 373-3400
- New Hampshire: (603) 271-2121
- New Jersey: (609) 292-6000
- North Carolina: (919) 814-2000
- Ohio: (614) 466-3555
- Oklahoma: (405) 521-2342
- South Carolina: (803) 734-2100
- Texas: 800-843-5789 / (512) 463-1782
- Wisconsin: (608) 266-1212
Ex: “I’m a constituent from [City] and I support the resettlement of Syrian refugees. I urge the Senator / Representative / Governor to represent me and other constituents who seek to welcome Syrian refugees.”Here are some helpful points that you may want to mention, but the most important point is your story and why your community wants to welcome Syrian refugees!
- The U.S. government handpicks the refugees who resettle here, and refugees are the most thoroughly vetted people to come to the United States.
- All refugees resettled in the United States undergo rigorous security screenings by the Department of Homeland Security, FBI, Department of Defense and multiple intelligence agencies, including biometric checks, forensic testing, medical screenings and in-person interviews.
- This is not an either/or situation. The United States can continue to welcome refugees while also continuing to ensure national security. We must do both.
“.@REPRESENTATIVE, Our community is ready to welcome #Syrian #refugees. #RefugeesWelcome #AmericaWelcomes!"