While participating in Seminar events, attendees agree to follow these rules:
- No violence including physical acts of violence, self-harm, violent/bullying language, threats, displaying a weapon or violent images.
- Respect property/No vandalism. Respect local facilities and the community’s possessions, and no theft.
- No sexualized conduct or behavior, sexual activity, or sexual harassment on- or off-line including open mouth and/or prolonged kissing, or sexual advances; in general, any touch meant to arouse. No jokes, sharing sexually explicit material, such as pictures, videos, apps, or games. No requests for sexual favors, sexting, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature.
- No unwanted, uninvited touch. Only a clearly expressed “yes” means yes - e.g. ask before hugging.
- No harassment based on actual or perceived characteristics, including on the basis of gender identity or expression, affectional or sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, homelessness, academic status, physical appearance, disability or any other protected status. Such harassment includes unsolicited remarks, gestures, jokes, display or circulation of written materials or derogatory images directed at any of these categories.
- Rule of three. No one-on-one messaging between a non-parental adult and a youth; consider Cc’ing a third party as a witness. No private interaction between a non-parental adult and a youth. If you experience or observe an adult having private interactions with a youth, please report to Seminar staff or email SeminarStaff@uua.org.
- No use of drugs, alcohol, cannabis, or illegal substances before or during the event so no one is under the influence during the event.
- No smoking, vaping, or use of nicotine/tobacco products in youth or multigenerational spaces.
In addition to the rules stated above participants will be invited to co-create and abide by a covenant of care, respect, and accountability at the Seminar.