Housing and Travel at UU@UN Intergenerational Seminar
The UU@UN and 2020 Planning Committee have made the decision to move this year’s Intergenerational Spring Seminar to a virtual event rather than an in-person one, due to the current threat posed by the COVID-19 coronavirus.
We are extremely sorry about the impact that this cancellation has on those who have booked flights or other travel that may not be fully refundable. We deeply regret that we are unable to offset the costs of travel cancellations. The UUA’s travel agent, ProTravel, has provided this overview of specific airlines’ policies which may be helpful in determining your specific case:
Waivers and policies are changing daily for every airline as they try to keep up with the current situation. At this time most major airlines are offering to waive change/cancellation fees for certain date ranges, but no domestic travel in the US is eligible for refund (if not purchased as refundable).
- American Airlines – Waiving Change Fees for New Purchases Valid for Purchases 01-16MAR2020. All itineraries. Change must be made at least 14 days in advance of outbound travel date. New travel to be completed within 1 year of original ticket issue date. Any fare difference will apply. Only applies to 001-validated tickets. No waiver code required.
- British Airways – Book with Confidence Valid for Purchases 03-16MAR2020. All routes. All fares. All travel periods within system range are included. No waiver code required.
- Delta Air Lines - Waiving Change Fees for International Travel Valid for Purchases 01-31MAR2020. Applies to all travel outside the U.S. as well as Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Rebooked Travel Must Begin No Later Than: February 28, 2021. New travel to be completed within 1 year of original ticket issue date. Any fare difference will apply. Event Waiver Codes: Cabin to Cabin or Class to Class: N/A; Use Waiver code D9V2P to waive change fee only or Origin and Destination, provided: New itinerary is rebooked/ticketed within all parameters of this policy and New itinerary is priced at current applicable fares and rules
- United Airlines - Change fee waived for new ticket purchases Valid for Purchases 03-31MAR2020. All destinations. All fares. New travel to be completed within 1 year of original ticket issue date. Any fare difference will apply. Waiver code 7JC4I in the OSI field.
- Alaska Airlines - Book with confidence Valid for Purchases February 27, 2020 - March 12, 2020 All destinations. Rules vary by fare type. Tickets must be changed or canceled prior to the departure of original flight. Only valid on 027-validated tickets. New travel to be completed by 31DEC2020. Any fare difference will apply. No waiver code required.
- Frontier Airlines – Travel Update Valid for Purchases 03-16MAR2020. Customers may make a one-time change to the reservation with the change fee waived. Any fare difference will apply. Customers have the option of changing the origin and/or destination city and new travel must be completed by June 1, 2020. Customers who wish to cancel their existing reservation will have the cancel fee waived and receive a credit valid for 90 days. To make the change to your reservation, you must call 801-401-9000.
- Hawaiian Airlines – Book Confidently Valid for Purchases 01-16MAR2020. All HA flights and fares. Changes and/or cancellations must be made at least 24 hours prior to schedule departures, otherwise fare is forfeited. Any fare difference will apply. Voluntary changes made to the origin, destination, and/or via/stopover point will be permitted without a change fee, however any applicable fare difference will apply. Endorsements Box of the reissued/exchanged ticket: “WV2009 CHNG” and “SSR OTHS/SW20 WV2009 CHNG” must be added to the PNR
- Jetblue – Change & Cancel Fees Waived for New Bookings Valid for Purchases 27FEB – 11MAR 2020 for travel through June 1, 2020. All destinations. All fares. Changes and/or cancellations must be made prior to schedule departures, otherwise fare is forfeited. Any fare difference will apply. Contact Jetblue directly.
- Spirit – No official policy published, but travelers with concerns may be accommodated. Contact Spirit directly.
- Westjet – Flexible Change Policy Valid for Purchases 03-17MAR2020, for travel through 30JUN2020. All destinations. All fares. The one-time change fee waiver is available for any itinerary change made more than 14 days from departure. For changes within 14 days of travel, standard change fee rules apply. Difference in fares will apply. Any fare difference will apply. WestJet 838 ticket stock only. Waiver code COVID2020 in the endorsement field. There is no need to call to receive a unique waiver code.