The Unitarian Universalist United Nations Office seeks interns to serve as active participants and collaborators in our work.
Interns are encouraged to choose one of the following program areas to focus on during their time at the UU-UNO, while also assisting with all large office events.
Our office currently partners with the schools of social work at Columbia, Fordham, and NYU – this internship serves as the field placement for second-year students.
- Must be enrolled in a Master’s program at a university in New York City
- We ask for a full academic year (September to May) commitment of 3 days per week
- Must have a designated school advisor
- Strong interest in international advocacy and human rights
- Spearhead one of the listed UU-UNO program areas
- Assist with UU-UNO Intergenerational Spring Seminar planning and other office events
- Conduct research and write blog posts for the UU-UNO website
- Attend meetings and events at UN Headquarters, and report relevant information back to the office
- Research and write a blog post on a topic related to UU-UNO program initiatives
- Contribute to the day-to-day functioning of the office
- Other duties as assigned by staff
- Interns are encouraged to familiarize themselves with UU principles and UU community
- Demonstrated interest in international affairs
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Must be motivated and responsible, and capable of managing a variety of assignments
- Comfortable taking responsibility for program advocacy and thinking strategically
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel, design software a plus
- Foreign language proficiency a plus
- Familiar with various social media platforms
- Photography or video editing is a plus
If you are interested in an academic internship with the UU-UNO, please discuss with your school supervisor in order to secure your placement at our office. Supervisors can contact our office at unitednations [at] uua [dot] org.
We encourage internship applicants to inform us of any particular interest they may have in working on a particular program. Please note the internship is unpaid.