Date & time:
Type of event: Celebration
This year, the United Nations is celebrating its 75th birthday, and the Unitarian Universalist Association Office at the UN, in collaboration with the Canadian Unitarian Council, commemorated that anniversary with a special virtual event co-sponsored by the NGO Committee on Human Rights: "Our Goal of World Community: the United Nations at 75." In the current moment of simultaneous global political, social, economic, health, and climate crises, continued involvement with and investment in international cooperation could not be more critical. During this event, presenters spoke about how Unitarian Universalists can make our mark for global justice.
- Hawa Diallo, United Nations Department of Global Communications
- Rev. Alicia R. Forde, Director, Unitarian Universalist Association International Office
- Rev. Dr. Susan Frederick-Gray, President, Unitarian Universalist Association
- Chris King, United Nations Office of Disarmament Affairs
- Bruce Knotts, Director, Unitarian Universalist Association Office at the United Nations
- Craig Mokhiber, Director, New York Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Bobbi Nassar, Co-chair, Nongovernmental Organization Committee on Human Rights at the United Nations
- Vyda Ng, Executive Director, Canadian Unitarian Council
- Gillian Sorenson, International Rescue Committee, formerly Assistant Secretary General at the UN, then with the UN Foundation. She is a lifelong UU.