People of faith across the world have condemned the escalation of violence from Russia and have declared steadfast support for Ukraine and its people in the defense of their sovereignty and their democracy.
The Parliament of the World's Religions and The Committee of Religious NGOs at the UN, in partnership with communities of faith, invite people and communities of faith, spirituality, and conscience to join the "Global Prayers for Ukraine: a multi-faith service for peace and freedom in a hurting world".
The prayer service will feature prayers from diverse faith expressions upholding peace and freedom, share reflections of solidarity with Ukraine and the Ukrainian community around the world, call for a peaceful resolution to this conflict, and listen to messages from our sisters and brothers in Ukraine.
The interfaith service will be hosted on Thursday, March 3rd at 12 noon Eastern Time at the United Nations Church Center Chapel, open to the New York City community in-person and live-streamed to participants around the world via Zoom, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Association for Global New Thought
- Baptist World Alliance
- The New York Board of Rabbis
- Unitarian Universalist Association Office at the United Nations
- Unity World Headquarters
- Save the Date!
- Spread the word!
- Read & Share the Parliament’s Statement on the Illegal Invasion of Ukraine
- Is your community supporting those affected by the conflict on the ground? Share the information on how the global interfaith movement can support your efforts at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also read this powerful message from UUA Side With Love: "From Texas to Ukraine: Interdependence Over Imperialism"