Guidebooks and Toolkits for Immigration: Faithful Witness and Action
Unitarian Universalist Resources
- Welcoming Our Neighbors (PDF, 12 pages): An Immigration Resource for Unitarian Universalists
- Immigration Reform Toolkit
- Preparing for and Responding to Raids
- There is Power in Union (PDF, 18 pages): A Unitarian Universalist Guide to Supporting Worker Justice
- For You Were Once a Stranger (PDF, 112 pages)
Interfaith Worker Justice. This comprehensive resource provides historical background, the faith perspective on immigration, and suggestions for taking action in your community. Published Spring 2007.
- The Bible as the Ultimate Immigration Handbook, (PDF, 10 pages): Written by, for, and about migrants, immigrants, refugees, and asylum seekers
Joan M. Maruskin. A beautiful exploration of the Bible as a story of movement and hospitality towards the uprooted.
- Sojourners, September/October 2007 Issue
Sojourners Magazine. Three articles and one interview online. This issue features a collection of pieces on sanctuary: "Sacred Refuge," "Living in God's House," "The Church is the Last Safe Haven," and "Standing Up for Sanctuary."
- Restoring the Right to Due Process (PDF, 20 page)
Breakthrough, Detention Watch Network. A "tool kit" for immigrant rights advocates that explains how immigration policy passed in 1996 undermines the right to due process today. Includes ideas for activities and taking action.
For more information contact email@example.com.