Outreach for Your Congregation
Need Some Outreach Tips? Join Outreach Revolution!
Join the network of UU's who are turning their ministry outward, doing outreach work in their congregations.
Sign up here to get Outreach Revolution monthly updates
Unitarian Universalist Brand Identity
The UU brand identity is a shared way to effectively communicate boldness, compassion, reverence, and relevance. Developed by the UUA in 2014, it offers a flexible approach to design, images and words. Congregations are invited to use these colors and graphics: visit our brand identity page to learn more.
- View brand logos, graphics, colors, and fonts
- Download the UU Brand Identity Guidelines to learn about placement, sizing, tone of writing, and more (PDF)
- Explore UU branded options for e-mail marketing through Emma, with an over 50% discount for UU congregations.
Your website is the first thing most people see, so make it a great one! The UUA WordPress Theme for Congregations is like a template for building a site: it comes with a beautiful and functional design, organized for effective communication and ease of use. Further, it comes with sample text you can use to communicate the vibrancy of our faith and your congregation. Visit the WordPress Theme information page to learn more.
Tips for Reaching "Nones," Activists & Spiritual Seekers Through Social Media
Tips for Reaching "Nones," Activists & Spiritual Seekers Through Social Media, published by the Side with Love Campaign, focuses on 8 tips for reaching people where they are:
1) Share the content your audience wants
2) Follow your friends
3) Be a good friend
4) Be pro-active but balanced
5) Stick to the rules - Facebook!
6) Stick to the rules - Twitter!
7) Stick to the Twitter tricks
8) Take a digital Sabbath, and encourage your followers to do the same!
"Congregations Reaching Out" Toolkit
The "Congregations Reaching Out" Toolkit published by the Pacific Western Region of the UUA covers four components:
1) Finding Your Target Audience
2) Social Media Strategy for Outreach
3) Planning and Promoting Great Outreach Events
4) Shareable Images and Graphics for Outreach