Congregations and UUA-related organizations not currently participating in the Plan may request to join the Plan by making a Board decision to adopt the Plan, complete and submit a Participation Agreement to email@example.com and upon receiving confirmation, may begin to implement the Plan.
Sample Employer Adoption/ Implementation Calendar
- Leaders Review:
- Review Staff Eligibility for Employer Contributions.
- Discuss Sample Adoption/Implementation calendar and steps.
- Discuss Fair Compensation Guidelines.
- Seek Clarifying Information from the UUA Office of Church Staff Finances/Retirement Plan Director.
- HR/Personnel Committee, Board, Minister, and/or Executive Team review options presented in the Plan and on the Participation Agreement.
- Review options with Staff and address concerns, if any.
- Seek clarifying information from the UUA/Retirement Plan staff.
- Board makes decisions concerning the options listed on the Participation Agreement.
- Board selects intended implementation date—which must be the first of a month and cannot be retroactive.
- Board passes Plan Restatement Adoption Motion.
- Board completes, signs, submits the Employer Participation Agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UUA Retirement Committee email an acknowledgement along with next steps and confirms implementation date.
- Implementation is to occur following acknowledgement of a valid Employer Participation Agreement by the Retirement Plan Committee and consent regarding date of implementation.