Enrollment Time Frame
New employees must submit a completed the enrollment form within 60 days of their date of hire to avoid the requirement of medical underwriting approval for Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance.
Email the Insurance Plans Coordinator if you were hired more than 60 days ago and would like to apply for coverage through the medical underwriting process.
- Congregational-Employers provide the Term Life / AD&D Insurance Enrollment Form (PDF) to eligible employees to complete during their on-boarding process.
- Keep a copy in the employee's permanent personnel file.
- Standard Email is not a secure method for transmitting personal information, social security numbers and the like. Email InsurancePlan@uua.org to request a secure email link before emailing a scanned form.
- Fax, Secure Email or mail the form to the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA)—see bottom of page one of the form.
- Do not send enrollment forms to Guardian; this is a group plan.
The effective date of your coverage is the day after we receive the properly completed enrollment form (via fax or mail), as per the terms of our contract with the insurance company.