For several years, Central MidWest, Heartland and Prairie Star Districts have been in a process of change. In their District Assemblies in April 2013, the three Districts brought before the member congregations the question of whether to change the governance structure to create a single regional governing body. Each district voted to become the MidAmerica Region. As of July 1, 2013, our administrative and program delivery structure are officially combined into the new MidAmerica Region. The staff of all three Districts are now the MidAmerica staff.
We are seeking to covenant with each other to find new ways of partnering and standing together on the side of love for the flourishing of our world, our communities, our congregations and our members.
The MidAmerica Region includes 194 congregations in North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Missouri, Kentucky, Michigan, western Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois.
MidAmerica Region Unitarian Universalist Association
2355 Fairview Avenue N. #312
Roseville, MN 55113
(312) 636-9724 (office)
(224) 603-2309 (fax)
%20midamerica [at] uua [dot] org
- sgreene [at] uua [dot] org (Sarah Greene)
- pboccard [at] uua [dot] org (Peggy Boccard)
- gohmann [at] uua [dot] org (Gretchen Ohmann)
- bsasso [at] uua [dot] org (Rev. Bill Sasso)
MidAmerica Regional Staff
- ievison [at] uua [dot] org (Rev. Ian Evison)
- ncombsmorgan [at] uua [dot] org (Nancy Combs-Morgan)
- plund [at] uua [dot] org (Rev. Phil Lund)
- nheege [at] uua [dot] org (Nancy Heege)
- lpresley [at] uua [dot] org (Rev. Lisa Presley)
- dthexton [at] uua [dot] org (Dori Davenport Thexton)
Who can help me for what? Who to call first?
MidAmerica Field Staff are adopting the model of “deep generalist” for our staff. Under this model, ALL field staff will have competencies in broad areas and each staff member will have areas of specific expertise. Please see the list below for the best way and the best person to contact for your needs. Each staff member of the MidAmerica Region holds the title of Congregational Life Consultant.
At the same time, we understand that it can be hard to sort out whom to call when you're not sure where to begin. In that case, you have two options:
- If you already have a relationship with one of the staff, feel free to contact that person and they will help direct you.
- If you don't, then the following persons are designated as "first call" responders, depending upon where you live.
- Nancy Heege for congregations in Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota
- Lisa Presley for congregations in Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio
- Dori Davenport Thexton for congregations in Illinois, Missouri, Wisconsin
Shared Generalist Responsibilities
Contact any of our staff for these matters:
- General level congregational intervention and consulting capacity
- Membership and Growth
- Faith Development Ministries
- Future trends in such areas as technology, demography, and generational characteristics.
- Multigenerational Involvement
- Finances, including stewardship and administration
- Conflict Transformation
- Transitions in professional leadership
- Governance and Organizational Development
- Multicultural competency
- Congregational Justice Making (including intercultural competency)
- Spiritual Growth
- Staffing and Human Resources
- Youth Programming
- Young Adult and Campus Ministry Programming
Areas of Specialization of Field Staff
Each field staff member also has deep areas of specialization in which they will both serve congregations and serve as national resources. As this change occurs, we expect representatives of national UUA staff team to participate in our team both in direct service to MidAmerica congregations and as support for our regional capacity:
- Membership and Growth: Phil Lund, Dori Davenport Thexton
- Leadership and Organizational Development: Nancy Combs-Morgan (YaYA specialization), Ian Evison, Nancy Heege, Lisa Presley, Dori Davenport Thexton
- Faith Development Ministries (including Faith Formation 2020): Nancy Combs-Morgan, Phil Lund
- Multigenerational Involvement: Nancy Combs-Morgan, Dori Davenport Thexton
- Finances, including stewardship and administration: Ian Evison, Dori Davenport Thexton
- Conflict Transformation: Ian Evison, Nancy Heege, Dori Davenport Thexton
- Transitions in professional leadership: Lisa Presley
- Governance: Ian Evison, Nancy Heege, Lisa Presley
- Multicultural competency: Phil Lund, Lisa Presley
- Congregational Justice Making: Nancy Combs-Morgan (YaYA specialization), Nancy Heege, Phil Lund
- Spiritual Growth: Nancy Combs-Morgan (YaYA specialization), Phil Lund
- Staffing and Human Resources: Ian Evison, Lisa Presley, Dori Davenport Thexton.
- Youth Programming: Nancy Combs-Morgan, Dori Davenport Thexton
- Young Adult and Campus Ministry Programming: Nancy Combs-Morgan, Dori Davenport Thexton
- Regional Lead: Ian Evison
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.