- Permissions Guidelines for Photography and Videography at Congregational Events
Advice on securing permission to take photographs and make video recordings of children and adults at congregational events.
- Sample Content Moderation Disclaimer for Congregational Facebook Pages
Instructions on how congregations can adapt for their own use the disclaimer posted on the UUA's Facebook page.
- Sample Facebook Policy (PDF)
A sample Facebook policy from the Emerson Unitarian Universalist Church in Houston, TX. Developed June 2010.
- Suggestions for Congregations on Creating Social Media Policies
Guidelines on welcoming visitors, engaging congregants, maintaining safety and confidentiality, and other issues that may be addressed in congregational policies.
- Top Picks for Safe Congregations
Recommendations for safe congregations resources. These resources may be helpful for congregations crafting social media policies.
- What about New Media Guidelines for Religious Education?
Resources that may interest youth advisors and other religious educators.
- “Who Do You Say That I Am? Claiming and Maintaining an Online Ministerial Identity” (PDF)
Paper by Erik Resly on the challenges facing ministers using social media and the strategies that ministers have developed for successful social media use.