CER Large Congregation Resources
Congregational life in a large congregation typically includes high level worship experiences as well as a broad range of programming and faith development opportunities, under the leadership of multiple ministers and a well trained professional staff. Facilities are often sought after by outside groups and the buildings seem to hum with excitement throughout the week. The complexity of staffing, administrative management and governance in larger congregations means that many of the common “best practices” are less applicable and a different level of coaching and support is necessary.
In addition to an assigned Primary Contact, the Central East Region has assembled a “Large Congregation Team” comprised of individuals with particular training and experience in working with larger congregation systems. In partnership with your Primary Contact, team members offer coaching and networking services to connect larger congregations with experts within the association and beyond.
The CER Large Congregation Team
- Rev. David Pyle (Governance, Staffing, Administration)
- Patricia Hall Infante (Faith Development, Safe Congregations, Stewardship)
- Rev. Joan van Becelaere (Vision, Justice Ministry, Systems)
- UUA Large Webpage
- Governance and Ministry: Rethinking Board Leadership by Dan Hotchkiss (Second Edition), 2016, Rowman & Littlefield
- Inside the Large Congregation by Rev. Susan Beaumont, 2011, Rowman & Littlefield Publishers
- When Moses Meets Aaron by Rev Susan Beaumont, 2007, Rowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Susan Beaumont & Associates Blog, Susan Beaumont, Consultant to Larger Congregations
- Stewardship For Us (UUA) Support for Large Congregations
- Unity Consulting Group (Mission, Vision & Governance)