Steve Cook is a member and of the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Wayne County. He is a Commissioned Lay Minister.
Titles of programs/sermons and a brief statement of content on each:
- Living In Covenant - It's More Than Just a Promise - Interdependence, faithfulness, forgiveness, relationship – find out what James Luther Adams, Rebecca Parker and Fred Rogers have to say about covenantal living
- Religious Liberty in America: A Constitutional Birthright - The origins of religious freedom in the establishment and free exercise clauses of the First Amendment. An overview of foundational Supreme Court cases.
- Principles and Practical Jurisprudence—How our Principles help in the arraignment, hearings and trials of misdemeanor defendants. Justice, equity, compassion, dignity and acceptance in a real-life court setting.
- The Gratitude Attitude—Intend to be grateful every day. These tips on the practice of gratitude will help open your heart, inspire and empower you. Gratitude is a key to peace, love and your sacred self. Make it a habit.
- Risky Business: Get Out of Your Comfort Zone—Embrace reasonable risk and uncertainty. Get out on that limb! You'll become more emotionally resilient, confident, happier, and more deeply engaged in life.
- Principles and Perpetrators – Our Principles provide help in dealing with difficult legal clients and issues. More real-life stories of the effects of compassion, empathy, respect and patience in dealing with people who get on the wrong side of the law.
- Joy and Happiness – What’s not to like? - Who doesn’t want to be happier and have a bit more joy in their lives? From the Dali Lama and Desmond Tutu to Ralph Waldo Emerson and Walt Whitman – real ways to be happier and experience more joy in your life.
- Faith – One Size Does Not Fit All - This hot button topic means many different things to UU’s. Belief, doubt, trust, loyalty, commitment, secular, religious, irrational, engaged, ironclad, unshakable, absolute… Like prayer, how can we have faith in a way that resonates with UU beliefs?
Availability: no more than seventy-five miles from Wooster, OH. Will need home hospitality on Saturday evening if more than 40 miles from Wooster.
Fee arrangements: The standard honorarium for your church.
Contact: Email Steve Cook at email@example.com.