Guest in Your Pulpit - Deb Chaney, CLM
Deb Chaney is an active member of Unitarian Universalist (UU) Congregation of Greater Canton for the past 10 years where she serves as their Commissioned Lay Minister. She has also served as a Youth Religious Education teacher, Adult Religious Education faciliator, chair of the Worshiop Team and other activities. She is a licensed Social Worker with over 25 years experience working with children and families. She states, "As presenter and worship team leader, I strive to create a dynamic, integrated, and cohesive worship service, with relevant readings and recommendations for hymns."
Titles of programs/sermons and a brief statement of content on each:
- Traveling Light—a message of positivity
- Connections of Our Shared Existence—in the words of W. S. Coffin, . . . unity is not something we are called to create; it's something we are called to recognize.
- The Life and Legacy of Jacob Trapp
- Pilgrims' Progress—a reflection on faith community and the universal theme of pilgrimage
- The Art of Enchantment: reflection on our 1st source, "direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder... which moves us to a renewal of the spirit."
- A Matter of Faith—an exploration of "faith," as a verb, a universal human concern, as trusting our own deepest experience
- Great Expectations: What You Seek is What You Get Pollyanna got a bad rap!
- Michael Servetus: Mystic, Maverick, and Martyr
- Snapshots of the Sky: Living through the Imperfections of Life - embracing the stoic focus on progress rather than perfection
- Sin vs. Pleasure - it has been said that ultimately we will be held accountable for all the pleasures in life that we were allowed but denied ourselves
- In Praise of Mary—a celebration of Mary, the mother of Jesus
- The Gift of Time—finding mindfulness in a world of urgency
- New Beginnings—to experience the bumps, setbacks, and detours of our journey as opportunities to begin again
- Flower Communion
- Water Communion
- Justice Sunday and Guest At Your Table services
Deb is also available to create a service or curriculum on a topic/theme of your choice. She available for weddings and commitment ceremonies, memorial services, rites of passage, and rituals/services/commemorations/celebrations for other significant personal occasions or life transitions.
Availability: As schedule permits, preferably within 100 miles of Canton, OH.
Fee arrangements: The standard honorarium for your church or actual exchange of pulpits.
Contact: Email Deb Chaney at deborah [dot] a [dot] chaney [at] gmail [dot] com.