CANCELLED - Spirituality Development Experience Training OH
Type of event: Training
Due to Coronavirus and social distancing, we are cancelling this event. It may be moved to an online format. Stay tuned.
At the Spirituality Development Experience (SDE) youth and adult participants will explore how to collaboratively create dynamic and meaningful worship experiences for a variety of settings; learn ways to infuse personal and group spiritual practices into our every day lives; and reflect on how we practice spiritual care within our communities.
Based on the Spirituality Development CON Model attendees will practice planning and leading worship offerings and will be invited to try different spiritual practices. SDE uses experiential and hands-on learning techniques so that when they leave, participants are inspired and empowered to lead worship in their congregations, youth groups and other communities.
This program is open to:
- Youth (ages 14-18 in high school),
- Adults (25 and over) who are sponsoring youth or who are attending without youth.
- Young Adults (18-25). Young adults must agree to follow the CER Adult Code of Conduct and stay in an adult role.
Housing: Youth participants and their adult sponsors are strongly encouraged to sleep at the church. Young adults under the age of 25 and adults who are not sponsoring youth will need to find alternative housing. All meals during the conference will be provided at the church.
Bring: Sleeping bag, air mattress, comfortable clothes, toiletries for staying at the church.
Cost: $60. The actual cost of this training to the region is $60 per person. This covers three meals plus snacks, facilitator stipends, supplies and administration costs. We strive to make our youth events financially accessible for all. If you can pay the actual cost of $60, we appreciate you doing so. If you need financial assistance, please select a partial waiver of $25 -making the registration $35. For additional assistance inquiries please contact Shannon Harper, sharper [at] uua [dot] org
Registration closes on May 18, 2020. There is a cap of 30 people for this event.
- If this is your first training or conference with the Central East Region, please read the Behavioral Expectations which describes our expectations of youth and adults attending youth events in the region and the CER Youth Event Procedures and Requirements. You will be asked about these documents in the registration process.
- You are not registered until you are directed to a "Thank you for submitting your registration" page.
- Once your registration has been submitted, a confirmation email will be sent to the participant's email address. Youth must print this email, have parent sign, and bring it with them to the event.
- For youth and adult sponsors, the Religious Educator and/or Minister of your congregation will be notified and given instructions for approving your participation.
- Adult sponsors staying at the church must also have a background check, less than 3 years old, on file with the Central East Region. We'll ask your congregation to provide that if we do not already have one on file. If you have questions about this, contact Beth Casebolt at bcasebolt [at] uua [dot] org.
Deadline for registration is May 18, 2020.