MNY Fall Junior Retreat 918
Type of event: Conference
Sponsor: Central East Region of the UUA
An intentional community for UU youth grades 6 through 8
What is this Retreat thing?
This retreat is a 24-hour Family Focus event where junior UU youth meet. We have fun, make, do and learn stuff. We eat. We get to know each other. UU’s from all over the Metro area attend. The retreat is led by YRUU senior youth. RE teachers and parents attend as advisors. The ratio of youths to adults is about 4:1. This event is held every fall, along with a conference ("con") held every spring.
How do I attend?
Register online and pay. The Con costs $60 per person. The registration fee covers food, lodging, and supplies. We regret that, due to costs, we must collect fees from adults, too.
- If this is your first conference, please read the Behavioral Expectations which describes our expectations of youth and adults attending youth events in the region and the CER Youth Event Procedures and Requirements. You will be asked about these documents in the registration process.
- Youth registration form - cap of 90, Registration opens May 13 at 8 am, closes September 9 at 11 pm. If this form is not taking any more registrations, then the event is full and you can email the registrar at cneiss [at] aol [dot] com to be placed on the wait list.
- Adult Registration Form - cap of 30, Registration opens May 13 at 8 am, closes September 11 at 8 pm
- Getting there. Each society is responsible for its own transportation and for providing at least one adult for every four youth. Please coordinate with your DRE.
- What to bring:
- A sleeping bag and pillow (cabins are not heated)
- Toothbrush & toothpaste, towel, soap, comb, etc.
- Clothing appropriate for being outside in late September
- A change of clothing
- Music to share (instruments, voice, etc.)
- A high spirits, a sense of adventure and your open-minded anticipation.
- What not to bring:
- Personal electronics. Youth may not have cell phones at the con.
- Weapons, drugs, etc.
Please note that all attendees are expected to arrive on time and may not leave and then later return.
Please note that due to the cabin configuration at Camp Herrlich we need a 4:1 youth to adult ratio in order to have 2 adults per cabin. Sleeping space is not segregated by gender.
- Program info: Denice Tomlinson denice1uu [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Registration info: Charlie Neiss cneiss [at] aol [dot] com