CANCELED - Fundamentals of Healthy Youth Ministry Part 1 NJ
Type of event: Training
We’re excited to offer a new iteration of the Fundamentals of Healthy Youth Ministry training in the Central East Region. We've divided the two day training into two separate sessions, each 6 hours long. This registration is for Part One.
These workshops are completely stand alone but attendees will benefit most from attending both. We ask that congregations send teams - at least three people, consisting of at least one youth and one adult. This training is for Youth in grades 8-12 and adult (25 or over) advisers, volunteer teachers, religious professionals - anyone who works with or plans to work with youth in congregations.
Topics covered in Part One
- Orientation, introductions, icebreakers, check in
- Covenants Part 1 - How to make them meaningful and useful
- Building community - the importance of belonging, steps for bonding, tricks for engagement
- Safety - code of ethics, confidentiality, crisis
- Shared leadership - healthy youth/adult partnership, accountability Read more on our Fundamentals of Healthy Youth Ministry page.
The ratio for this training is 7 youth per adult. There is a cap of 30 participants.
Cost: $45, includes lunch and snacks. If you cannot afford the fee for the training and need a full or partial waiver you may request that on the registration form. You will be notified if your request is denied.
If this is your first training or conference with the Central East Region, please read the Behavioral Expectations which describes our expectations of youth and adults attending youth events in the region and the CER Youth Event Procedures and Requirements. You will be asked about these documents in the registration process.
This event will start promptly at 10 am, please arrive early to check-in and get settled.