Build a Better Board Webinar Series Session 2
Type of event: Webinar
Sponsor: Central East Region of the UUA
Build a Better Board! A Learning Community for Board Members
Join us in a 6-Month Learning Community on serving as a member of your congregation's governing board. This learning community for board members will be hosted by Central East Regional staff Patricia Infante and the Rev Renee Ruchotzke. We will explore board practices, lay-leadership skills, and congregational dynamics. The program will cover 12 essential topics concerning Board Leadership. Participants will have an opportunity to share and learn from one another using case studies and other activities in an online format. Optional in-person gatherings will be planned for Spring 2020 for interested clusters of congregations.
6 webinar discussion sessions, each 75 minutes in length (sessions will not be recorded) 7-8:15 pm ET.
- Session 1: October 17 - The Purpose of a Board
- Session 2: November 21 - Boards As Spiritual Leaders
- Session 3: December 19 - Boards as Change Agents
- Session 4: January 16 - Healthy Communication
- Session 5: February 20 - Fiduciary Responsibilities
- Session 6: March 19 - Clarifying Board Roles
Note that you need to register for the entire series and registration closes November 21, 2019.