Type of event: Training
The Adult Faith Develop.m.ent Renaissance Module will be offered in an online format by the Central East Region in five sessions as follows:
- Wednesday, September 9, 2020 1-3 p.m. (EST)
- Wednesday, September 16, 2020 1-3 p.m. (EST)
- Wednesday, September 23, 2020 1-3 p.m. (EST)
- Wednesday, September 30, 2020 1-3 p.m. (EST)
- Wednesday, October 7, 2020 1-3 p.m. (EST)
Please note this is an accelerated schedule in response to your requests for timely support for developing Adult Faith Development offerings for the coming fall and the timeline for registration is accordingly shortened. Sign up today!
Module leaders are Linnea Nelson and Gabrielle Farrell. Registration is limited to 15 participants and the fee is $175 per person. 1/2 scholarships are available to those in the Central East Region. Registration deadline is August 30, 2020.
The Adult Faith Development Renaissance module is an online learning experience comprised of five two-hour webinars with reading and other assignments for each session. Credit will be offered for full participation in the module. Full participation includes:
- Online attendance at each of the five two-hour sessions;
- Reading and reflection to prepare for each session;
- Responses to Reflection Questions on the Discussion Forum after each session;
- Submission of final evaluation within a week of the ending of the module.
Goals of the Module
- To model best practices and present information about how to work with the characteristics of adult learners in adult faith develop.m.ent programming.
- To demonstrate how learning theory can be applied to congregational life and adult faith develop.m.ent programming, and to allow participants to practice doing so.
- To connect adult programming and faith develop.m.ent to building multiracial, multicultural, multigenerational beloved congregational community.
- To provide and demonstrate practical tools for planning and supporting adult programming in Unitarian Universalist faith communities.
There is one Reader for the Adult Faith Develop.m.ent Renaissance module from a progressive Protestant Christian writer:
“Process, Not Program: Adult Faith Formation for Vital Congregations,” by Diana Butler Bass (Congregational Resource Guide, 2010).
Other links will be shared here soon for your review, along with the handouts for the module to review before each session.
This material will not be covered during the module, but be sure to check out the resources from John Roberto and Lifelong Faith Associates in Find Out More.
The webinar platform is Zoom, which you can download from Zoom. In order to access module materials, participants must have or create a UUA profile name. On UUA.org, click on “create account” at the top right and follow instructions on the page. If you have already participated in an online module, use the profile name you have already created. No later than one week before the module begins, email the module leaders with your profile name to be added to the group and begin the preparation required before the first session.