Women's March on Washington
Type of event: Public Event
Sponsor: Central East Region of the UUA
The UUA, Standing on the Side of Love and Black Lives UU are endorsers of this event, however we do not have a lot of details of what is being planned. Please contact the organizers directly for questions.
You can get more information about the march overall at www.womensmarch.com
Check out the UU page about the march on Facebook:
We’re adding all additional incoming UU information to this page.
- UUSJ is coordinating UU action on the ground. Contact Elizabeth Stevens elizabeth [at] uusj [dot] org or Pablo DeJesus pdejesus [at] uusj [dot] org with questions.
- STANDING ON THE SIDE OF LOVE is working with Lena Gardner and Caitlin Breedlove to provide Pre- and Post-March webinars. They are hoping this will be a helpful tool for folks coming to DC – as well as people across the country who may also be attending local or regional actions – to provide political context and theological grounding for their organizing, both now and in times ahead.
If you still need housing:
UU Homestays for Women’s March on Washington: Visit the google doc that lists what's being offered
SATURDAY, JANUARY 21, 2017
- 9:30am Meet Fellow UUs near March starting point - 200 Independence Ave. SW, Washington, DC (in front of the US Dept. Health & Human Services Hubert H. Humphrey Building)
- 10:00am Rally at Independence Ave & Third St SW. We will begin marching at 1:15pm.
- Welcome/Meet Up/Warming areas for the March: Visit the Google Doc that lists these.
All Souls Church, Unitarian, in DC will be hosting many activities on the day of the march. Please check this link
- 2:00-8:30pm J21Teach-ins at All Souls Church Unitarian More info and registration.
- Facebook Event Page
- 5:00-6:45pm Post-March Welcome Gathering All Souls Church Unitarian for UU Marchers
- 6:45-7:45pm Solidarity Sing at All Souls Church Unitarian
See the full list of events on Saturday at this Google Doc
And you can see what's happening all around the country at the Show the Love updates page.