Winter Institute 2020
Type of event: Public Event
Sponsor: Central East Region of the UUA
Valentine’s Day, President’s Day, Winter Institute’s 20th Anniversary and fellowship with one another. These are only a few of the reasons to join us in community for the 2020 Winter Institute at Salt Fork State Park in Ohio for a relaxing, intimate, fun and relatively "schedule free "gathering for UUs of all ages! There are outdoor activities like sledding, hiking, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing (BYO equipment). The snow is up to Mother Nature! For those who choose to stay in their slippers all weekend, there is a beautiful lodge with many cozy corners and fireplaces for reading or deer watching. The pool and hot tub are perennial favorites! There will be half-hour morning and evening casual worship services, activities organized on-site by interest plus pre-dinner cocktail hours in the Hospitality Suite. Friday evening’s informal pizza gathering, 3 Breakfasts and 2 Dinners are included with registration. Lunches are on your own. There are fellow UUs always ready to play board games, knit, hold jam sessions, watch movies, converse or join in the communal jigsaw puzzle!
Check in begins Friday, February 14th after 3:00 p.m. - Evening Pizza Welcome in the Hospitality Suite
The Salt Fork State Park is the flagship lodge of the Ohio State Park System, located near Cambridge, Ohio. It is about 2 hours from Columbus, Cleveland or Pittsburgh. The park’s spacious lodge features an indoor pool, popular game room with ping-pong tables, arcade games, fitness center, lounge and hiking trails. The lodge is handicap accessible. Directions and can be obtained on the Salt Fork website.
How do I attend?
FIRST - MAKE A ROOM RESERVATION: Make your ROOM RESERVATIONS directly Salt Fork. at 740-435-9000. Be sure to ask for the special UU Winter Institute conference rate (no increase form 2019):
- $95.99 for a room w/ 2 double beds
- $115.99 for room w/1 king bed or a room w/ 2 double beds and a bunk bed
- $144.00 for a king hospitality room (limited number available)
- ROOMS IN THE UU WINTER INSTITUTE BLOCK WILL BE HELD UNTIL JANUARY 17, 2020, so book before that date!
SECOND - REGISTER FOR WINTER INSTITUTE: EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION! Save Money and book before January 24, 2020.
Note the Registration Deadline is January 31st at midnight!
Want to register by mail? Please contact registrar Amy Kent for details at akent [at] uua [dot] org
What does it cost?
- Early-Bird Registration: $150 for adults and children 11 and up; $75 for children 4 through 10
- After January 24: $175 for adults and children 11 and up; $88 for children 4 through 10.
- No charge for children under age 4.
- Your registration covers: breakfast and dinner Friday evening through Monday morning, common room usage, worship services, use of a hospitality suite for additional activities, and regional fees.
Any minor who is attending WI without a relative must have an adult sponsor. The minor's parent or guardian and the sponsor must complete the form, "Permission for Minor to Attend Winter Institute", and return the form with the minor's registration materials. Download the Minor form as a word document or a pdf file.
I have questions... Contact Diana Watt, 330-606-1314 (cell) or dianadwatt [at] gmail [dot] com