Winter Institute 2018
Type of event: Conference
Sponsor: Central East Region of the UUA
Whether the weather is balmy or blustery, we invite you to join us in community for the 2018 Winter Institute at Salt Fork State Park in Ohio for a relaxing, intimate, fun and relatively "schedule free "gathering for UUs of all ages! There are outdoor activities like sledding, hiking, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing (BYO equipment). For those who choose to stay in their slippers all weekend, there is a beautiful lodge with many cozy corners and fireplaces for reading or deer watching. The pool and hot tub are perennial favorites! There will be half-hour morning and evening casual worship services, activities organized on-site by interest plus pre-dinner cocktail hours in the Hospitality Suite. Breakfast and Dinner meals are included with registration. Lunches are on your own. There are fellow UUs always ready to play board games, knit, hold jam sessions, watch movies, converse or join in the communal jigsaw puzzle!
Check in begins Friday, February 16th after 3:00 p.m. - Evening Pizza in the Hospitality Suite
The Salt Fork State Park is the flagship lodge of the Ohio State Park System, located near Cambridge, Ohio. It is 2 hours from Columbus, Cleveland or Pittsburgh. The park has a beautiful lodge with an indoor pool, game room with pool tables, ping pong tables and video games, lounge and hiking trails. The lodge is handicap accessible. Directions will be sent with registration confirmation and can be obtained on the Salt Fork website.
How do I attend?
MAKE A ROOM RESERVATION: Make your ROOM RESERVATIONS directly with the main reservation number at 1-800-AT A PARK. Specify that you are reserving for Salt Fork and ask for the special Winter Institute conference rate:
- $95.99 for a room w/ 2 double beds
- $115.99 for room w/1 king bed or a room w/ 2 double beds and a bunk bed
- $144.00 for a king hospitality room (limited number available)
- ROOMS IN THE UU WINTER INSTIUTUTE BLOCK WILL BE HELD UNTIL JANUARY 15, 2018, so book before that date!
REGISTER FOR WINTER INSTITUTE: EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION! Save Money and book before January 15, 2018.
Note the Registration Deadline is January 31st at midnight!
Want to register by mail? Please contact registrar Sue Tabone for details at stabone [at] uua [dot] org
What does it cost?
- Early-Bird Registration: $137 for adults; $67 for children 4 through 10
- After January 15th: $160 for adults; $80 for children 4 through 10.
- No charge for children under age 4.
- Your registration covers: breakfast and dinner Friday evening through Monday morning, common room usage, worship services, use of a hospitality suite for additional activities, and district fees.
Any minor who is attending WI without a relative must have an adult sponsor. The minor's parent or guardian and the sponsor must complete the form, "Permission for Minor to Attend Winter Institute", and return the form with the minor's registration materials. Download the Minor form as a word document or a pdf file.
I have questions... Contact Diana Watt, 330-606-1314 (cell) or dianadwatt [at] gmail [dot] com