Type of event: Conference
Sponsor: Central East Region of the UUA
This relaxing, fun, and "schedule free" weekend is an intimate gathering for Unitarian Universalists (UUs) of all ages. There are frosty outdoor activities like sledding, hiking and cross country skiing. For those who choose to stay in their slippers all weekend, there is a beautiful lodge with its many cozy corners and fireplaces. The pool and hot tub are truly a wintertime treat. There will be daily morning and evening casual worship services, morning water aerobics (after worship,) pre-dinner cocktail hour in the hospitality suite, and breakfast and dinner meals are included with registration. There are fellow UUs always ready to play board games or to join in the community jigsaw puzzle. We have wonderful community worship services and great conversations. Check in Friday after 3:00 p.m.
The Salt Fork State Park is the flagship lodge of the Ohio State Park System, located near Cambridge, Ohio. It is 2 hours from Columbus, Cleveland or Pittsburgh. The park has a beautiful lodge with an indoor pool, game room with pool tables, ping pong tables and video games, lounge and hiking trails. The lodge is handicap accessible. Directions will be sent with registration confirmation and can be obtained on the Salt Fork website.
How do I attend?
MAKE A ROOM RESERVATION: Make your ROOM RESERVATIONS directly with the main reservation number at 1-800-AT A PARK. Specify that you are reserving for Salt Fork and ask for the special Ohio-Meadville Winter Institute conference rate:
- $95.99 for a room w/ 2 double beds
- $115.99 for room w/1 king bed or a room w/ 2 double beds and a bunk bed
- $135.99 for a queen hospitality room
- The large rooms are scarce, so book early if you want one. (ROOMS IN THE OMD BLOCK WILL BE HELD ONLY UNTIL JANUARY 12, 2016).
REGISTER FOR WINTER INSTITUTE: EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION! Save Money and book before January 8, 2016. The registrar is Beth Casebolt, OMD Administrator. You can register by mail or online.
Note the Registration Deadline is January 26th at midnight!
What does it cost?
- Early-Bird Registration: $135 for adults; $65 for children 4 through 10
- After January 8th: $160 for adults; $80 for children 4 through 10.
- No charge for children under age 4.
- Your registration covers: breakfast and dinner Friday evening through Monday morning, common room usage, worship services, use of a hospitality suite for additional activities, and district fees.
Any minor who is attending WI without a relative must have an adult sponsor. The minor's parent or guardian and the sponsor must complete the form, "Permission for Minor to Attend Winter Institute", and return the form with the minor's registration materials. Download the Minor form as a word document or a pdf file.
I have questions... Contact Amy Collins, 216-410-4985 or amymcollins [at] sbcglobal [dot] net