Resilience: Leadership Development for the 21st Century
Type of event: Training
A Workshop for Boards, Nominating Committees and Leadership Development Teams
Join us for a day of diving deep into how we might develop resilient leaders for the changing church. The Rev. Renee Ruchotzke will share emerging models and host conversations about how you might shape your congregation’s approach to leadership development.
Your team will leave with a plan and some new thought partners (the other participants!)
Here is a broad-brush outline of the day:
Morning: The Times, They Are A-Changin’
- Framework for the morning: Changing demographics, finances, time constraints, etc.
- Discussion of mission and how it impacts the work of the church
- Discussion of what motivates people to serve, especially in different cultures/generations
- Discussion of a cultural Great Turning and our need for resilience
- Discussion of what qualities leaders need for the times that are coming
Afternoon: Where Do We Go From Here?
- Discussion of the historical role of nominating committees (checks and balances) and the vision of leadership development teams (mutual and generative)
- Discussion of how to develop leaders to develop needed qualities
- Small Group Planning and Large Group Sharing
- Available Resources
Cost: Sliding Scale fee of $10-$20-$30. Lunch is included. Child care is available at $5 per child, but must be requested in advance. Registration fees are on a sliding scale, based on your assessment of your ability to pay. Those who pay at the highest level are making a donation to help those in financial need for this event. Please remember that for a sliding scale to work, we need the same number of people with means to generously pay more to balance the needs of those who can afford less.