OMDUUYAN Cabin Con
Type of event: Conference
Sponsor: Central East Region of the UUA
April 15-17, 2016
Check in 5-8 pm Friday, check out 11 am Sunday.
Lodge at Top O' the Caves, Hocking Hills, OH
26780 Chapel Ridge Rd, South Bloomingville, OH 43152
For specific directions: Top of the Caves
Sponsored by the Ohio-Meadville District UU Young Adult Network
Cost: This includes lodging, food and the OMD event fee. Limit 20 people.
Sliding scale price options: $60-$65-$75-$85-$90 (cost to break even averages $75 per person)
Scholarships: To apply for a scholarship please go to the OMDUUYAN Scholarship Form. Deadline for scholarship applications is March 7, 2015.
Deadline: March 21st, 2015
- The purpose of this weekend is to offer an event with accommodations and amenities typically not available during a traditional Con weekend as well as to provide a weekend of relaxation, spirituality, and the building of community. This being said, the weekend will be very loosely structured. We will probably take part in a group worship, but beyond that, the use of time will be up to you. Please feel free to bring board games, crafts, hiking clothes, etc (see "Things to Bring" below).
- We will be preparing and cleaning up from our meals together. This is a great way to build community by working together with others to create delicious meals while also ensuring nobody gets stuck doing all the cooking and cleaning.
Rules and Regulations:
- Smoking: The cabins are specifically non-smoking. We will be charged a huge fine if this rule is broken, which in turn, will be passed onto anyone who breaks this rule. Smoking is permitted outside only and ash trays must be used.
- Drinking: Since this is an OMDUUYAN district event, the event is open to anyone 18-35. If anyone under the age of 21 registers, this will be a dry event. We will keep everyone apprised of the status of things after registration closes.
- Please note: We are providing this event to continue to foster and develop a deeper sense of community among the OMDUUYAN’s. We are not providing this event as a romantic get-away or as an OMDUUYAN’s gone wild party weekend. While we all want to enjoy ourselves and have a great time, we have to do so responsibly with respect for others that will be there and for the environment we will be in. Our hope is to be invited back again and to make this an annual event. Keeping this in mind, we ask that you treat this place and all those who attend as you would want both yourself and your things treated. Furthermore, while most of this should not have to be said, we are saying it anyways so that you know ahead of time (and so that we cover our bases as well). Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- Furthermore, we are unable to accommodate children at this event. Babes in arms will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the steering committee with any questions. We are continuing to include little ones in other OMDUUYAN planning as well as children of other ages at different events. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding with this matter.
Things to Bring:
- Clothes (hiking clothes, boots, gloves, hats, and other weather appropriate clothing)
- Toilettes (soap, shampoo, toothbrush/paste, etc.)
- Games (board games, card games, etc.)
- Crafts (knitting, crocheting, etc.)
- All bedding and linen (including bathroom towels) are included. HOWEVER, you may want to bring your own pillow or extra towel.
- Things can be quite muddy with our hikes. More than 1 pair of shoes is highly recommended
- Complete the online form below to register. Payment is due upon time of registration (more details below).
- No Partial-Weekend: This event and cost are for the full weekend only. If you are able to stay for only part of the weekend and still want to attend, the cost does not change. No exceptions.
- Sleeping Arrangements: The Steering Committee will do its best to ensure adequate sleeping arrangements to all who register. Priority will be given in order of registration and payment received. There is a chance that if you are coming alone, that you may end up sharing a bed depending on the specific bed configurations in the lodge.
- Payment is due at the time of registration. Paypal is the preferred method of payment; however, checks are accepted.
- If choosing to pay by check, you must mail the check for the full amount immediately after registering. Failure to receive payment within 10 days will result in you being dropped from registration.
- We need 15 people to register to be able to keep our costs where they need to be for us to continue with the event. If we do not have 15 people register, the event will be cancelled. The first 20 people who register are guaranteed a spot.
- If we have more than 20 people who want to register, we will place any extra folks on a waiting list in the order they registered. In the event that someone registered cannot go, we will contact the next person on the waiting list.
Refund Policy: If you need to cancel, please contact Ellen or Kelly at omduuyan [at] ohiomeadville [dot] org.
District Fee (handling charge)
Before March 21st, 2016
After March 21st, 2016
* If we have to cancel the event due to a lack of interest, those who have registered will receive a full refund.
If you have difficulty registering please contact the registrar at stabone [at] uua [dot] org.