MNY Annual Meeting
Type of event: Meeting
Sponsor: Central East Region of the UUA
Hyatt Morristown—3 Speedwell Avenue, Morristown, NJ 07960
Theme: Better Together
Featuring Keynote Speaker Taquiena Boston, Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Director of Multicultural Growth and Witness.
Musical Guests Brother Sun will make an appearance.
Registration is now open!
If you need hotel, make your reservations early as the block tends to fill quickly. Hyatt Morristown Info
- Online Reservations
- by phone 888-421-1442, making sure you mention the Unitarian Universalist District of Metro NY
Interested in being part of the UU Network Mall? Tables will be available to accommodate congregations and UU-related organizations who want to share their good ideas and services. Fill out the Exhibitor Form no later than April 15 if you would like to reserve space.
Each congregation that is certified with the UUA is entitled to one member delegate for every 50 members, and no fewer than two member delegates. Settled ministers and credentialed (master level) religious education directors of certified congregations are also entitled to be delegates. For the complete requirements to serve as a minister delegate are outlined below.
UU District of Metro NY Annual Meeting:
Requirements to be a Minister Delegate
Article IV Section 3 of the District bylaws states: “Each Congregation shall be entitled to be represented at meetings of the District by Delegates chosen in accordance with its own bylaws or procedures, in number and type equal to its delegate entitlement prescribed for the UUA General Assembly by the Association's Constitution and Bylaws.”
Article IV Section 4.8b of the UUA bylaws and associated Rule 4.9.2 specify that ministers who meet the requirements outlined below are entitled to be delegates to General Assembly. These same requirements apply to the District Annual Meeting.
Ministers must meet Requirement 1 AND any ONE of Requirement 2, Requirement 3, or Requirement 4.
- Ordained and in ministerial fellowship with the UUA
- Engaged by a certified congregation in compensated ministerial activities that constitute at least 50% of a typical work schedule.
- A community minister who fulfills all these requirements:
- maintains active involvement in a certified congregation,
- has written agreement with the congregation,
- is in affiliation with the congregation, and
- is compensated for community ministry work that constitutes at least 50% of a typical work schedule recognized by the congregation as ministry.
- Note: The number of community minister delegates cannot exceed the number of member delegates to which the congregation is entitled.
- A minister emeritus or emerita designated as such by a vote at a meeting of a certified congregation not less than six months prior to the District Annual Meeting, and provided the minister emeritus or emerita previously met Requirement 2 or Requirement 3.
If you would like to be a member delegate or you qualify to be a minister delegate for your congregation, talk to your board president/chair. He or she has received materials to name and certify the delegates for your congregation. The certified list of member delegates and the certified list of minister delegates must be returned to the jconway [at] uua [dot] org (District Administrator, Jillian Conway) - jconway [at] uua [dot] org ( ) by April 15.
Each delegate is allowed one vote at the Annual Business Meeting on Saturday. Delegates will vote on the proposal for regionalization and the election of District Trustees at Large and members of the Nominating Committee.
Time will be devoted during the annual meeting to remember those UUs who have passed away in the last year. If there is someone from your congregation that you would like to be remembered in this way, please send a picture to be used in a power point slide presentation and a biography or obituary to weremember [at] uumetrony [dot] org by April 30. Please include your contact information in case we need to reach out for more information.
We offer these bookmarks and flyers for you to download and share: