Long Island Area Council (LIAC) Day 17
Type of event: Conference
LIAC Day is sponsored by CER and the Long Island Area Council. It is open to all in the region.
The purpose of LIAC Day is to start a tradition of congregations in a cluster coming together and learning, sharing, collaborating on the various facets of congregational life. In doing so it will strengthen and build the cluster as well as grow and strengthen leadership in individual congregations.
LIAC Day will offer day of workshops and trainings in aspects of congregational life as we come together to learn and to share. Workshops will be offered in the following categories: Worship, RE, Pastoral Care, Governance/Leadership, Conflict Resolution, Social Justice, Membership, Communications, and Stewardship/Finance.
It will begin with a celebratory ingathering followed by two sessions of workshops, and an equally celebratory closing. Breakfast and lunch will be available.
Childcare is available if requested by September 9th.
Registration deadline is September 14, 2017.
- Communications: practices and methods for communicating effectively both within and beyond the congregation.
- Conflict Resolution: 2 part workshop on congregational methods of dealing with conflict. Training in methods of listening to defuse conflict.
- Governance/Leadership: 2 part workshop regarding systems for identifying, recruiting, training, and supporting leaders.
- Membership: 2 part workshop presenting “Belonging”, a three session orientation and renewal for newcomers and members.
- Pastoral Care: a pastoral “how-to” for lay pastoral care teams.
- Social Justice: building your impact by joining with others in the work.
- Stewardship/Finance: a conversation among participants to discover ways of collaborating among congregations for auditing and other financial matters.
- RE: will focus on topics of importance to children and youth.
- Worship: will focus on the role of the worship associate.