Jubilee Kids DC 719
Type of event: Training
YOUR CHILD IS INVITED to Jubilee Kids!
Learning Together About Race, Racism, and Racial Identity
Do you wish to nurture your child(ren)’s understanding of race, ethnicity, and identity?
Do you wish to deepen their understanding of how our Unitarian Universalist values call us to practice inclusion and act against racism?
Jubilee Kids! supports nurturing a multicultural community, valuing every child and family.
This 2 day program is open to children in grades 2-6 who are RE participants or relatives of All Souls members.
- Provide an age-appropriate exploration of race, racism and racial identity in light of our UU values
- Provide basic information and experiences that open conversations in UU families about responsibility and respect as it relates to racial justice and inclusion
- 6 learning modules on UU values, differences, family, history, and inclusion please see link for full schedule and outline
- Parent/ Child introduction and suggestions for further dialogue
- Local historical field trip in the community surrounding All Souls
- Discussions, games, exercises, worship services, and shared meals.
WHEN: Saturday, July 20th (8:30am to 5:30pm), Sunday, July 21st (11:30am to 4:30pm)
FEE: $35 per participant (includes cost for leaders, meals and materials), waiver available upon request.
Registration Deadline is July 15, 2019.