“He said, she said, they said, and now we have a conflict!”
“I don’t remember what we fought about, but I do remember how I felt when you yelled at me.”
“When I hit the ‘send’ key, I didn’t expect this reaction!”
“Now that we are in the parking lot, let me tell you what I really think…”
With so many ways to mis-communicate and misunderstand in our congregations, we need to develop healthy communication habits and norms. This workshop will give you the tools for healthy, direct and compassionate communication among your leaders, members and friends.
There will be a little more than one hour of prework to provide the grounding for the live workshop. Links to the prework will be provided in your confirmation email.
The workshop itself will be interactive, led by the Rev. Evin Carvill-Ziemer and the Rev. Renee Ruchotzke.
This workshop is limited to members of the congregations in the South-Central NY Cluster which are:
- Auburn UU Society
- UU Fellowship of Big Flats, NY
- UU Congregation of Binghamton, NY
- Camden UUs
- First Universalist Society of Central Square
- UU Church of Cortland
- First Unitarian Society of Ithaca
- UU Society of Oneonta
- First UU Society of Syracuse
- May Memorial UU Society, Syracuse, NY
- All Souls UU Church, Watertown, NY
- UU Church of Athens and Sheshequin, PA
The workshop is free, but registration is required to receive the zoom information.