Event format: Online & in person
Date & time:
- Saturday, November 12, 2022, 8:30 am - 3:00 pm EST2022-11-12T08:30:00-05:00 - 2022-11-12T15:00:00-05:00
Type of event: Meeting
Reproductive Rights and Justice
Join fellow Unitarian Universalists for a day of camaraderie, connection, and collaboration at the 9th Annual Assembly of the UUs of Greater Pittsburgh!
We are honored to welcome Sydney Etheredge, President and CEO of Planned Parenthood of Western PA as our Keynote Speaker. She will deliver an insightful address on the theme of "Reproductive Rights and Justice". This topic and speaker could not be more timely in light of the Supreme Court decision this past spring.
There will also be a panel discussion, business meeting, a special UUA announcement, morning worship service and more. Full agenda will be posted closer to the event.
All are welcome! You don't need to be a Unitarian Universalist or a member of a Unitarian Universalist congregation to attend. You don't need to be a member of the Pittsburgh cluster. You can attend in person at First Unitarian Church of Pittsburgh OR virtually through zoom.
Cost: To attend on-site $25-40-55. To attend online - $15-25-35. Registration fees are on a sliding scale, based on your assessment of your ability to pay. Those who pay at the highest levels are making a donation to help those in financial need for this event. Please remember that for a sliding scale to work, we need the same number of people with means to generously pay more to balance the needs of those who can afford less.
Registration deadline for on site attendees is November 4. Virtual attendees can register until November 12.
Childcare will be provided if requested before October 21. To allow us optimal time to hire childcare providers, no childcare requests after this date.
Sydney Etheredge brings a passion for reproductive health and is committed to the elimination of health disparities for underserved and underrepresented populations. She comes to Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania (PPWP) from Medicines 360, a nonprofit pharmaceutical company with a mission to remove cost as a barrier to health by developing and providing affordable women’s health products. Prior to that, Sydney worked for Planned Parenthood Federation of America for nearly ten years, serving as Director of the Health Care Investment Program where she provided guidance on ways to further embed women’s health in system transformation efforts, focusing specifically on value-based payment, telehealth, and health equity. Sydney holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology from the University of Pittsburgh and a Master’s degree in Public Health and Health Policy from the George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services.
Delegates - Congregations receive 1 Annual Meeting delegate for every 50 members based on their annual UUA membership certification. Delegate categories are as follows:
- Ordained ministers serving a member congregation, including extension and interim ministers
- Emeritus ministers of a member congregation
- Community ministers who maintain active involvement and affiliation with a congregation
- Commissioned Lay Ministers (CLM)
- Religious educators serving Cluster congregations who are active members of the Liberal Religious Educators Association (LREDA)
- People who identify as Unitarian Universalists that are unaffiliated with a Cluster congregation will be represented by a single delegate chosen at the Annual Assembly. Have questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.