Due to the response to the networking calls we started in the fall, the CER staff team has decided to keep the meetings going through the rest of the church year. These calls are for you to talk with your peers from congregations in your area about the challenges you are currently facing. See exact dates below. Please feel free to drop in on any or all calls that appeal to you.
While we have set these up to be geographic, every one is welcome to join any call that best fits their schedule.
- Wednesday (First Wednesday of the month: Jan 6, Feb 3, Mar 3, Apr 7, May 5) at 5 pmwith Sunshine Wolfe,firstname.lastname@example.org and Renee Ruchotzke,email@example.com(Western PA, Ohio, WV).
- Friday (Second Friday of the month: Jan 8, Feb 12, Mar 12, Apr 9, May 14) at 1 pm with Evin Carvill-Ziemer, firstname.lastname@example.org and Renee Ruchotzke, email@example.com (Upstate NY)
- Tuesday (Second Tuesday of the month: none in January, Feb 9, Mar 9, Apr 13, May 11) at 6:30 pm with Patricia Infante, firstname.lastname@example.org and Sana Saeed, email@example.com (Central and Eastern PA, Northern MD and DE if preferred)
- Wednesday (Third Wednesday of the month: Jan 20, Feb 17, Mar 17, Apr 21, May 19) at 6 pmwith Patricia Infante, firstname.lastname@example.org, Sana Saeed,email@example.com, and Evin Carvill-Ziemer, firstname.lastname@example.org(Northeast PA, New Jersey, NYC, LIAC, MetroNorth)
- Monday (Third Mondays of the month: Jan 25 (to miss MLK), Feb 22 (to miss President’s Day), Mar 15, Apr 19, May 17) at 4 pm with Megan Foley, email@example.com (Delaware-Maryland-Virginia-DC area)
Join by going to https://uua.zoom.us/j/98736004337. You do need a password to access this meeting, please contact any staff member to receive it.
CER BIPOC Virtual Gatherings:
If you identify as Black, Indigenous or a person of color (BIPOC), you're invited to join us for the Central East Region's BIPOC gathering happening two Mondays of the month at 6:30pm ET. In our gatherings we are joined by lay folks of color, lay leaders of color and/or religious professionals of color to be in community. Our conversations focus on topics like wellness and resilience and our goal is to center BIPOC experiences and create space to explore our UU experiences. Please email Sana Saeed,firstname.lastname@example.org or Paula Cole Jones email@example.com for zoom information. Dates for Spring Gatherings: Jan 11 & 25, Feb 8 & 22, Mar 8 & 22, Apr 12 & 26, May 10 & 24, and June 14 & 28.