General Assembly 2023 is just two months away and things are really ramping up with our governance process. This is your heads up for what is coming so you have a full opportunity to participate. Do note that some mini-assemblies and business are held online prior to our gathering in Pittsburgh on June 21st, so you need to select your delegates now and make sure they are available to participate.
Delegate Credentials for GA are Now Available
The Credential Manager is now open and certified congregations can being distributing member delegate credentials for General Assembly. These credentials allow member delegates who are registered for General Assembly to vote on business matters. Each credential includes a unique link to be used for voting in the UUA Election this June. You do not need to be registered for GA to vote in the election.
Don't know how to select your delegates? Rev. Sofia Betancort, the candidate for UUA President, has posted this guide to congregational delegates to help.
Do note that you can register for General Assembly as a virtual business only participant for free. Business-only registrants will have access to delegate chat rooms but will not have access to GA programming, the GA app, networking opportunities, or the exhibit hall.
Important Governance Dates and Deadlines
Do note that there are a number of deadlines and gatherings for delegates to provide input prior to General Assembly. This is why it is so important to select your delegates now, so your congregation can fully participate in the governance process. Full details of the governance process can be found at the GA Governance page.
Please note these important dates:
- April 30 - Last day to share your Article II proposal (PDF) suggestions and ideas via the submission form.
- May 22 - Final business agenda posted (30 days beforehand).
- May 22 - What to Expect at GA 2023 Webinar, 7pm ET, Register now for the May 22nd webinar.
- May 26 - Proposed amendments to the rules of procedure and business resolution are due to the Board.
- June 5 - Deadline for formally submitting Article II amendments to be considered a priority.
- June 5 - Rules of Procedure for GA 2023 Webinar, 7pm ET, details on the delegate platform
- June 10 - Business Resolution: Complete Divestment from the Fossil Fuel Industry and Subsequent Reparations Webinar, 4pm ET, details on the delegate platform
- June 14 - Board posts final text of rules of procedure and business resolution with incorporated amendments.
- June 22 - Article II Business Mini-Assembly, 12:30 pm ET, details on the delegate platform
Article II Amendment Discussion Workshops
At General Assembly 2023, Unitarian Universalists will take an initial vote on proposed changes to Article II of the UUA Bylaws, which includes the current UUA purposes, principles, sources, and clauses on inclusion and freedom of belief.
The following Zoom workshops to discuss amendments to the Article II Study Commission proposal (PDF) are open to all Unitarian Universalists. Whether or not you submitted a suggestion or idea, we encourage you to join us for one or more of these workshops.
- Amendment Discussion Workshop #1, Thursday, May 11 7pm ET, Register now for the May 11th workshop
- Amendment Discussion Workshop #2, Thursday, May 18 7pm ET, Register now for the May 18th workshop
- Amendment Discussion Workshop #3, Sunday, May 21 4pm ET, Register now for the May 21st workshop
All information about General Assembly including the schedule, workshops, registration and children's programming can be found on the GA Pages of the UUA website.