Whether you are reminiscing about Summer Institutes of the past, or looking forward to Summer Institute 2022 at California University in PA, this summer's CERSI 2021 is just the thing to bridge that gap! The schedule has so much of what you love about SI: opportunities to challenge your mind, soothe your spirit, stimulate your creative juices, and break out the belly laugh. Some events will be prerecorded for convenience, while other events will be live, particularly in the evenings. The youth and RE programs are thriving, along with our small group conversation groups called Cersicles. And next summer's theme speaker, Kazim Ali, will offer a preview of his work this summer along with a conversation about that work.
The RE Program will meet one hour each day for some summer fun and the Youth Program is planning a whole week of interactive games, youth only worship and small group discussions. In the evening there are intergenerational activities and late night activities for just adults.
What's new for CERSI 2021? Whova! This interactive platform provides an easy, intuitive way to engage with both the programming and other campers. In fact, we hope that it proves to be so useful that it becomes part of in-person SI as well. The SIPC will offer Whova info sessions the week of July 5, though it really is intuitive! With Whova, you can:
- see what is going on each day
- easily access links to recordings and/or live Zoom events
- add events to your schedule and/or have sent to your Google or other calendar
- engage with the speakers, presenters, and other participants
- "shop" at the bookstore and order a SI T-Shirt!
- access the announcements 24/7
- reach out to other campers that you may have met at an event, or to reconnect with someone you already know
- post a (virtual this year) meet-up
- support the Scholarship Fund by entering raffles and experiencing fun challenges.
- earn points(and prizes!)for engaging on Whova
Registration is on a sliding scale, starting at $20 for individuals and $50 for families for all of this! Deadline to register is July 7th. There are so many reasons to join us virtually at CERSI 2021, July 11-16, whether you're thinking of it as a reunion from past years or a jump start on next year. Either way, register now!