Are you familiar with Chalice Lighters?
This program has been in place for decades in most areas of the United States as a way to fund growth in Unitarian Universalist congregations –
- establishing new congregations,
- improving or expanding the existing structures,
- funding new or expanded staff positions, and
- resourcing programming innovations.
- Clusters of congregations may also apply for funding for collaborative projects.
Want to know more? Read our FAQ.
We are moving toward a Central East Region Chalice Lighter program beginning in the fall of 2017 replacing four individual District-based programs, and this is where you come in. In order for our program to thrive, we need three things:
- Each congregation should appoint one or more Chalice Lighter Ambassadors, volunteers who recruit subscribers and make sure the word gets out about the program.
- Congregations should schedule a Chalice Lighter Sunday during the program year where you highlight the wonderful achievements of this program and have a membership drive.
- Become a Chalice Lighter Subscriber! Every person who wants to see Unitarian Universalism grow and thrive should consider donating at whatever dollar level might be appropriate. The suggested donation is $20 per call, yet no gift is too small or too large.
Individual Chalice Lighter Subscribers pledge to contribute three times a year when the calls are issued – and those faithful contributions add up to significant funding. In the Central East Region alone, contributions have totaled almost TWO MILLION DOLLARS over the past 15 years!
SUBSCRIBE TODAY – There is no payment due at this time, you will be contacted for a payment with the next call.
Andrea Lerner, Program Manager for Chalice Lighters.