Resources for Renaissance Modules and Other Trainings
Note: All Renaissance Module Evaluation forms are accessible online.
Read more about online Renaissance modules.
Administration as Leadership
- Leader's Guide (PDF, 89 pages)
- Handouts (PDF, 93 pages)
- PowerPoint Slides (32 slides)
- The Reader for this module is the Handouts PDF.
Adult Faith Development and Programming
- Leader's Guide (PDF, 61 pages)
- Handouts (PDF, 39 pages)
- PowerPoint Slides (65 slides)
- There are two Readers for this module:
- Reframing Hope: Vital Ministry in a New Generation by Carol-Howard Merritt, published by the Alban Institute, 2010
- “Process, Not Program: Adult Faith Formation for Vital Congregations” by Diana Butler Bass (Congregational Resource Guide, 2010)
- Leader's Guide (PDF, 51 pages)
- Handouts (PDF, 55 pages)
- PowerPoint Slides (25 slides)
- Tapestry of Faith: Curriculum Planning slides (PDF)
- The Reader is Fashion Me a People by Maria Harris (Westminster John Knox Press, 1989).
- Guide to Fashion Me a People (PDF, 8 pages)
Ministry with Youth
This module is currently being revised. Contact the Renaissance Office (renaissance [at] uua [dot] org) if you have questions.
The reader is Sustainable Youth Ministry, 1st Edition (IVP Books, 2008) by Mark DeVries.
Multicultural Religious Education
- Leader's Guide (PDF, 69 pages)
- Handouts (PDF, 24 pages)
- PowerPoint Slides (55 slides)
- Thumbnail images of all slides (PDF, 7 pages)
- Reader (PDF, 10 pages). The Reader for this module includes (a) instructions and links for multi-media preparation for the module and (b) the text of an essay by Natalie M. Fenimore and Aisha Hauser and a response to the essay, by Sofia Betancourt, from Centering: Navigating Race, Authenticity, and Power in Ministry.
Philosophy of Religious Education
- Leader's Guide (PDF, 71 pages)
- Handouts (PDF, 64 pages)
- PowerPoint Slides (42 slides)
- The Readers are Essex Conversations, a Skinner House publication, and Welcoming Children with Special Needs: A Mini Guidebook for Faith Communities by Sally Patton.
- The Guide to the Reader (PDF, 2 pages) prioritizes those essays which are most essential to the module and also indicates how the essays correlate with the module sessions.
- Leader's Guide (PDF, 60 pages)
- Handouts (PDF, 111 pages)
- PowerPoint Slides (38 slides)
- The Reader is The Courage to Teach by Parker Palmer, published by Jossey-Bass, 10th Anniversary edition, 2007 and this Guide to the Reader which correlates the chapters of the Palmer book with the module sessions in which they are used.
Unitarian Universalist History
Note: Unitarian Universalist History is offered as an online module only.
Unitarian Universalist Identity
- Leader's Guide (PDF, 86 pages)
- Handouts (PDF, 46 pages)
- PowerPoint Slides (74 slides)
- Reader (PDF, 44 pages)
Unitarian Universalist Theology
Note: Unitarian Universalist Theology is offered as an online module only.
- Leader's Guide (PDF, 95 pages)
- Handouts (PDF, 57 pages)
- Powerpoint Slides (PPT, 42 slides)
- The reader is Worship That Works: Theory and Practice for Unitarian Universalists, Second Edition by Wayne Arnason and Kathleen Rolenz, available from the UUA Bookstore.