The Glossary for Renaissance Modules (Word) explains various acronyms and organizations within Unitarian Universalism.
Note: All Renaissance Module Evaluation forms are accessible online.
Read more about online Renaissance modules.
Administration as Leadership
- Leader's Guide (PDF, 89 pages)
- Handouts (PDF, 93 pages)
- PowerPoint Slides (32 slides)
- The Reader for this module is the Handouts PDF.
Adult Faith Formation Online (New!)
This module has recently been updated for the online environment.
- Facilitator Guide (PDF, 119 pages) (Word, 119 pages)
- Session 1 Handouts (PDF, 18 pages) (Word, 18 pages)
- Session 2 Handouts (PDF, 9 pages) (Word, 9 pages)
- Session 3 Handouts (PDF, 7 pages) (Word, 7 pages)
- Session 4 Handouts (PDF, 9 pages) (Word, 9 pages)
- Session 5 Handouts (PDF, 16 pages) (Word, 16 pages)
- Session 6 Handouts (PDF, 2 pages) (Word, 2 pages)
- Google Slides for Co-Creation (13 slides)
- There are three Readers for this module:
- Reframing Hope: Vital Ministry in a New Generation by Carol-Howard Merritt, published by the Alban Institute, 2010
- “Process, Not Program: Adult Faith Formation for Vital Congregations (PDF)” by Diana Butler Bass (Congregational Resource Guide, 2010)
- Widening the Circle of Concern by the UUA’s Commission for Institutional Change, particularly "Educating for Liberation" on pages 89-100
- Leader's Guide (PDF, 51 pages) for in-person
- Leader's Guide (Word, 40 pages) for online
- Handouts (PDF, 55 pages)
- PowerPoint Slides (25 slides)
- Tapestry of Faith: Curriculum Planning slides (PDF)
- The Reader is Fashion Me a People by Maria Harris (Westminster John Knox Press, 1989).
- Guide to Fashion Me a People (PDF, 8 pages)
Leading UU Culture Change
- Leader Guide (PDF, 50 pages) (Word, 50 pages)
- Resources (PDF, 24 pages) (Word, 24 pages)
- Discussion Questions (PDF, 2 pages) (Word, 2 pages)
Ministry with Youth
This module is currently being revised. Contact the Renaissance Office (email@example.com) if you have questions.
Multicultural Religious Education
- Leader's Guide (PDF, 69 pages)
- Handouts (PDF, 24 pages)
- Thumbnail images of all slides (PDF, 7 pages)
- Reader (PDF, 10 pages). The Reader for this module includes (a) instructions and links for multi-media preparation for the module and (b) the text of an essay by Natalie M. Fenimore and Aisha Hauser and a response to the essay, by Sofia Betancourt, from Centering: Navigating Race, Authenticity, and Power in Ministry.
Philosophy of Religious Education
- Leader's Guide (PDF, 81 pages)
- Handouts (PDF, 48 pages)
- PowerPoint Slides (PDF, 37 slides)
- The Readers are Essex Conversations , a Skinner House publication, a number of essays from The Unitarian Universalist Pocket Guide (essays provided in the course), a number of videos (provided in the course), and OWL Taking a Special Education Approach (PDF).
- The Guide to the Reader (PDF, 2 pages) prioritizes those essays which are most essential to the module and also indicates how the essays correlate with the module sessions.
- Leader's Guide (PDF, 65 pages) for in-person
- Leader's Guide (Word, 58 pages) for hybrid
- Handouts (PDF, 119 pages)
- PowerPoint Slides (38 slides)
- The Reader is The Courage to Teach by Parker Palmer, published by Jossey-Bass, 10th Anniversary edition, 2007 and this Guide to the Reader (PDF) which correlates the chapters of the Palmer book with the module sessions in which they are used.
Unitarian Universalist History
Note: Unitarian Universalist History is offered as an online module only.
- Leader's Guide (PDF, 36 pages)
- Participant's Guide (PDF, 52 pages)
Readers: You will read selections from three required books and selections from Tapestry of Faith programs and other online resources:
- Stirring the Nation’s Heart by Polly Peterson (UUA, 2010)
- Missionaries, Builders and Pathfinders by Polly Peterson and Gail Forsyth-Vail (UUA, 2014)
- Darkening the Doorways: Black Trailblazers and Missed Opportunities in Unitarian Universalism by Mark Morrison-Read (Skinner House, 2011)
Unitarian Universalist Identity
- Leader's Guide (PDF, 86 pages) for in-person
- Leader's Guide (PDF, 56 pages) for online
- Handouts (PDF, 46 pages) for in-person
- Handouts (PDF, 59 pages) for online
- UU Identity module slides for online version
- PowerPoint Slides (74 slides)
- Reader (PDF, 44 pages) for in-person
- Reader (PDF, 56 pages) for online
Unitarian Universalist Theology
Note: Unitarian Universalist Theology is offered as an online module only.
- Leader's Guide (PDF, 95 pages)
- Handouts (PDF, 57 pages)
- Powerpoint Slides (PPT, 42 slides)
- The reader is Worship That Works: Theory and Practice for Unitarian Universalists, Second Edition by Wayne Arnason and Kathleen Rolenz, available from the UUA Bookstore.