Date & time:
Type of event: Training
The UU Identity Renaissance module will be offered in an online format on Thursdays, July 8, 15, 22, 29, and August 5, 1:00 – 3:00pm EST / 12 – 2pm CST / 11am – 1 pm MST / 10am – 12pm PST. The module will be led by Paula Gribble and Steven Williams. Registration is limited to 15 participants and the learning valued at $250 with sliding scale, grant, and payment plan options available. More details are included on the registration form linked below. The registration deadline is June 24, 2021.
The UU Identity Renaissance module is an online learning experience comprised of five two-hour webinars with reading and other assignments for each session. Credit will be offered for full participation in the module. Full participation includes:
- Online attendance at five two-hour sessions
- Reading and reflection to prepare for each session
- Responses to Reflection Questions on the Discussion Forum after each session.
- Submission of final evaluation within a week of the ending of the module.
Goals of the Module
The overall goals of this module are:
• To gain an understanding of identity as a process of development across
the lifespan which unfolds through an interplay of heritage, culture, and
• To learn how this process unfolds in youth raised as Unitarian
Universalists and persons who came to the faith later in life
• To identify ways to foster the process, specifically among Religious
Education participants and generally among congregants
• To explore the Unitarian Universalist Principles and Sources as part of
Required Reading: UU Identity Reader
The webinar platform is Zoom, which you can download from Zoom.
In order register and access module materials, participants must have or create a UUA profile name. On UUA.org, click on “create account” at the top right and follow instructions on the page. If you have already participated in an online module, use the profile name you have already created. You must provide your profile name to be added to the group and begin the preparation required before the first session.