Teacher Development Online Renaissance Module - THIS MODULE IS NOW FULL
Type of event: Training
This module is now full.
The Teacher Development Renaissance module will be offered in an online format on Tuesdays March 5, 12, 19, 26 and April 2 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. Eastern. The module will be led by Michelle Bishop (michelle [dot] bishop [dot] uu [at] gmail [dot] com) and Karen Hager. Registration is limited to 15 participants and the fee is $175, payable at the time of registration by credit card only. The registration deadline is Feb 19, 2019.
The Teacher Development Renaissance module is an online learning experience comprised of five two-hour webinars with reading and other assignments for each session. Credit will be offered for full participation in the module. Full participation includes:
- Online attendance and active participation at five two-hour sessions.
- Reading and reflection to prepare for each session.
- Responses to Reflection Questions on the Discussion Forum after each session.
- Submission of final evaluation within a week of the ending of the module.
Goals of the Module
The overall goals of this module are:
- To reflect on religious education philosophy and relate that philosophy to the faith development of teachers.
- To participate in a community of religious educators through study, worship, creating, and networking.
- To gain understanding of teachers’ contributions and needs.
- To increase understanding of child development and its relationship to teaching and learning.
- To understand issues related to safety and ethics.
- To explore and develop strategies for recruitment, support, appreciation, and recognition of volunteers.
In order to access module materials, participants must have or create a UUA profile name. On UUA.org, click on “create account” at the top right and follow instructions on the page. If you have already participated in an online module, use the profile name you have already created. No later than two weeks before the module begins, email the module leaders with your profile name to be added to the group and begin the preparation required before the first session.
The webinar platform is Zoom, which you can download from Zoom. The module requires the use of a computer with internet connection and a video camera.