UU Identity Online Renaissance module
The UU Identity Renaissance module will be offered in an online format on Tuesdays 9/24, 10/1, 10/8, 10/22 and 10/29 (no session on 10/15) from 2-4 pm Eastern.
The UU identity Renaissance module is an online learning experience comprised of five two-hour webinars with reading and other assignments for each session. Credit will be offered for full participation in the module. Full participation includes:
- Online attendance and active participation in five two-hour sessions.
- Reading and reflection to prepare for each session.
- Responses to Reflection Questions on the Discussion Forum after each session.
- Submission of final evaluation within a week of the ending of the module.
Goals of the Module
The overall goals of this module are:
- To gain an understanding of identity as a process of development across the lifespan which unfolds through an interplay of heritage, culture, and lived experiences
- To learn how this process unfolds in youth raised as Unitarian Universalists and persons who came to the faith later in life
- To identify ways to foster the process, specifically among Religious Education participants and generally among congregants
- To explore the Unitarian Universalist Principles and Sources as part of identity development.